Announcements
The Spotify Stars Program: Celebrating Values Week!

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Album Name not automatically entered in Playlist anymore

Album Name not automatically entered in Playlist anymore

Hi all

Thank you in advance for your time. I just spotted that if I add an Album to my playlist I have to type it manually via iPhone. Beforehand there was the album title autmatically entered.

Is there a possibility to change this back to the automatic way? Taanks in advance for your appreciated support.

Cheers

Daniel

3 Replies

It's like the stars, they have a very useful feature and they remove it for no reason whatsoever. It would be fine if they didn't have the features to begin with, but why take it away. Time to give my $10 a month to Rdio or Beats

This drives me completely nuts.  I dread adding an album on my phone every time... haha.  I know that sounds petty and lazy, but getting it right on an iPhone keyboard (and thinking ahead to look at the full album title, etc. on new artists you aren't too familiar with) is a bit of a pain if you like keeping things streamlined.  Now, I just add a quick placeholder until I can get to my laptop to do it properly.  Very weird.  Must be a glitch, surely.

It's back! The latest version of Spotify for Android has a repeat appearance of the "you must name your playlist" nanny. When creating a new playlist, instead of it automatically inheriting the name of the album or song, I must now type in a name. This "bug" was seen back in 2014 and then again a few months ago and was thankfully corrected both times in the next version. Now it's back. Please revert to the old way. It is a real pain typing on an Android "keyboard".

Suggested posts