Announcements

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Album art not displaying in-car after 2015 beta update

Album art not displaying in-car after 2015 beta update

Hi there,

Ever since I updated Spotify to the beta in early 2015 I'm unable to see the album art when I plug my phone into my car.  My 2015 Subaru Impreza was displaying it just fine when plugged in, but the beta was applied and it no longer displays stating "no audio file found" even though the music plays just fine.

Any suggestions or help would be great!  If I could opt-out of the beta as well that would be great!

Thanks!

Chris

3 Replies

I know this is a bit of a bump, but I'm having the same problem. I drive a 2015 Outback, so I believe our audio systems are the same. My issue is that album art appears randomly. Some songs will have it, while some others don't. I've restored my phone, resynced my music, and reset my car settings - it's still doing it.

I'm on the latest app from the app store and iOS 8.4. It seems like a silly issue, but it's maddening, especially since it worked reliably at one point. I'm trialing Apple Music and it's behaving like Spotify used to...

Hey there. Check this thread out over here and post your issues. Lets see if we can help out. 

https://community.spotify.com/t5/Help-iOS-iPhone-iPad/CarPlay-and-Spotify-a-match-made-in-HELL/m-p/1...

Right now my car isn't running CarPlay; It's currently running the Subaru
StarLink system. Unfortunately, this started immediately after I enrolled
in the beta to test out the running feature that rolled out a while back.
If possible I'd really like to unenroll from the beta so I can get album
art working again.

I know for a fact that it's due to the beta because my wife plugs her phone
into the car all the time and it displays her album art just fine.

Suggested posts