Announcements

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Cancelled subscription to Premium, Appalled at last ditch attempt to keep my business

Cancelled subscription to Premium, Appalled at last ditch attempt to keep my business

Hi Community

I wanted to copy for you the email I sent to the last ditch 'premium@spotify' email address, which appeared as I tried to cancel my subscription. I was appalled that having struggled to get any effective technical help for months, there appeared an address which I had so far never encountered.  I saw this as a last ditch attempt by Spotify to retain my custom.  I was appalled.  I have an apple iphone and Mac, and i have for months had problems syncing my iphone, and loosing offline playlists, messages saying i have too many or not any devices synced.  I spent two hours today checking with my internet provider that it wasn't the UPnP setting, which it wasn't, as I thought.  Yesterday I had an inane email response from technical support which repeated the Spotify sites online 'Help' protocol, which I have followed, like so many of you, many times over the last few months.  I responded to Spotify's technical email with the information that I had carried out all of the proceedures and have heard nothing back from them.  Therefore I have decided to return to the free usage and save the £9.99 a month to support the sale of music in stores and online.  I have been a supporter of Spotify since the begining.  This is a real shame to see it get out of sync with it's customers and I was sorry to feel the need to write the letter below.  

Good luck with your technical issues and God bless. 

Dear Premium@Spotify

I assume this email address to ‘premium@spotify’, is a last ditch attempt to help me resolve my technical issues and retain my business. I can tell you that if that is the case, it is too late, and I would strongly encourage you to move to a more effective technical support protocol which might involve an online chat service or call centre functioning within working hours, to achieve more immediate contact and resolution for your customers.

I have struggled to gain technical assistance and a response to my issues, for several months and more pointedly in the last 48 hours. I have followed similar cases to mine on the ‘Community’ pages and see that little or no effective advice is given. My interpretation is that Spotify is either not keeping up with technical updates from other software manufacturers, or is under attack from saboteurs which inhibits the full technical function of Spotify Premium. What ever the reason for the poor technical management of the site, it would appear to indicate a lack of consideration and care for its longstanding and ongoing supportive customers.

If you are concerned to look into my issues, I emailed technical support, you should be able to locate my email and response. I was extremely disappointed with your action and have indicated on the Community page that it is unviable to continue as a paying customer with an inadequate site. You can find that email too if you want. I will be monitoring yours and others responses as far as i can.

With dismay.

Meredith Irwin.

0 Replies

Suggested posts