Plan

Premium

Germany

Device

iPad Pro 10.5

Operating System

iOS 12.1.4

My Question or issue

When I take a look at an artist page, I can't see all albums or EPs of this artist.

I only see a few songs, some playlists and sampler he appears and what other fans like but not a list from the albums of this artist.

Is this a bug or feature?

If it's a feature I don't like! 😞

Ralph

Accepted Solutions
Marked as solution

Hey there folks,

Thanks for reaching out in the Community about this.

As mentioned in this Ongoing Issue, our tech teams are currently investigating this.

In the meanwhile, we'd recommend adding your +VOTE in that thread so you can stay updated on any news we have.

Hope this helps clarify things. Have a lovely day!

KaterinaModerator
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate an answer, maybe give it a Like.
Are you new to the Community? Take a moment to introduce yourself! 

View solution in original post

29 Replies

It’s a bug

On my iPhone 8 Spotify shows the button "See Discographie" and shows all release of the artist.

Also using Spotify on my iPad with another account shows the releases. 😳

I’m having the same problem on my iPad. I go to the artist page for any band and there’s no way to access discography. Extremely inconvenient. There’s no way to hear what I want to listen to

This started recently for me too, since at least last night. I see albums on my iPhone but not the iPad. To get to albums from an artist, I have to go to view album from a track, and if it’s not the right one, I then have to see if it’s one of the other albums listed below the track listing. At least I can find albums most of the time like that, but it’s very annoying. 

Same, only on iPad though. iPhone and Mac IOS apps are fine. I’ve sent screenshots and links to this thread and a couple others to @SpotifyCares on Twitter. 

I write to @spotifycares too.

After log off and new installation of Spotify they gave me a test account and this one work, but my own account not.

They say, tech team is working on the problem.

The first time I recognize the bug, is yesterday evening. 

Therefor I'm not sure if the problem has to do with update I got on Thursday.

But it has also to do with the account as the test account works.

I have the same problem but only on my iPad, not on my iPhone.

Plan

Premium

Country

Sweden

Device

iPhone XS Max & iPad 4:th gen.

Operating System

iOS 12.1.4 (iPhone) iOS 10.3.3 (iPad)

Marked as solution

Hey there folks,

Thanks for reaching out in the Community about this.

As mentioned in this Ongoing Issue, our tech teams are currently investigating this.

In the meanwhile, we'd recommend adding your +VOTE in that thread so you can stay updated on any news we have.

Hope this helps clarify things. Have a lovely day!

KaterinaModerator
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate an answer, maybe give it a Like.
Are you new to the Community? Take a moment to introduce yourself! 

I can not longer see the artists DISCOGRAPHY on my IPad. I wonder why this have happend, but most of all if there are anything I can do? best whishes from Håkon Norway

This is really poor. Completely ruins Spotify - surely you can admit this is an obvious bug and you are working on a fix rather than telling people to reinstall when we know it doesn’t work.

Final nail...

Such a basic feature. Moving to Apple music.

Works fine now! 🙂

Finally works again without app update. 👏👍

Thank you👏🏻👌👍🏼

Hey folks,

Glad to hear everything is working with the latest update!

Let us know if you have any further questions - we'll be right here.

Take care 🙂

spotify:track:6okQlv5v9VaJEzoxBUAx4S

This is still an ongoing problem. I went into the app today and I can’t view or pick specific songs or albums in an artist profile. I updated to the latest version thinking it would fix the problem but nothing. Help! 

It’s baaaaaackkkk

D4769468-9F57-47D3-9CBE-0FDE2F753530.png

The posts I’m seeing regarding this issue are from March, but this just started happening on my iPhone X after the April 25th update. When I go to ‘View Artist’, the page I’m navigated to is simply playlists featuring the artist, tour dates, bio and ‘offers’ (merch). 

Same thing is happening to me on my ipad. When i search for an artist i'm sent to a profile page that has no songs (not even the popular ones) and no albums! The only thing i see is a shuffle play button  (which in my opinion is the mos annoying way to listen to any artist) and a list of playlists and albums where the artist is featured.

this is trully annoying and makes it really hard to listen to the songs i like. I pay for spotify premium, this should not be happening!

i hope this is fixed soon

Suggested posts