Premium

Country

Spain

Device

Iphone Xr

Operating System

(iOS 14.4)

My Question or Issue

I have iphone x and alexa app. I have linked alexa with my spotify premium account. But when i say “Alexa, play spotify” i ALWAYS get “I can’t play spotify on the device connected”. Horrible service

I think it's  a problem with the new Sony WH-1000XM4 headphones.

So, i guess that Amazon don't want to play Spotify music on a Sony device.  War between companyes.... 

5 Replies

Hey @NoNE_34

Thanks for reaching out about this in the Community. 

Just to confirm, are you able to play music through your headphones without Alexa? 

Also, let us know if you've previously used this setup and if it worked properly.

Keep us posted!

NovyModerator
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate an answer, maybe give it a "Like".
Are you new to the Community? Take a moment to introduce yourself!

Hello,

Yes, Siri can play music, And no i never been able to use this feature. I bought the headphones 2 days ago. I complained to Amazon too and they are investigating and they will give and answer in somedays.

Maybe is Sony or Apple who don’t wants Amazon or Spotify to be compatible. I don’t know... as i said seem a war between companies in similar sector industry.

Thanks for interesting

Hey @NoNE_34,

Thanks for getting back to us.

Is it only Spotify that can't be played on your headphones over Alexa or other services as well? In any case, it's a good idea to fully unpair the headphones from Alexa, reboot the smart speaker and connect them again. 

Hope this helps. Keep us posted on your progress. 

Mihail Moderator
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate an answer, maybe give it a Like.
Are you new to the Community? Take a moment to introduce yourself!

Hi, 

Yes, i have donde the full configuration process again, and with the Amazon technical help assistance, but don't works.

And yes Alexa can play music from Amazon Music.... (Of course that can't failed...)

And yes Alexa can play radio stations from Spain

Hope this is helpful

Hey @NoNE_34!

Jumping in here as I have a pair of these headphones myself and unfortunately the Alexa integration which powers these headphones doesn't support Spotify right now. 

I'd recommend sharing your feedback in the Amazon Forums which are monitored by Amazon's Alexa teams or the Sony forums and they'll definitely share this with the right folks. Your best work around for the time being is using the bluetooth functionality. 

If there is anything else, feel free to shout and someone will be here to help otherwise have a lovely weekend! 

Suggested posts