Announcements

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Annoying sound effects when controlling Spotify mobile using ipod controls

Solved!

Annoying sound effects when controlling Spotify mobile using ipod controls

Using Spotify Mobile Version 0.4.23 on iPhone 4 ios 5.0

Can anyone please confirm this when using the ipod multitasking controls (double clicking the home button twice). The controls cause annoying sound effects (beeping noises when playing/pausing/next/previous). I have tried this on other apps with no issues. This ONLY happens when the ipod controls are used in Spotify.

79 Replies

+1 to removing them; I know of no other application that does anything similar. Alternatively, please male them optional. Thanks!

What about the optional function?

+1 when listening to other music than heavily compressed/limited pop music, these sound effects are WAY to loud.

@ Spotify crew: I'm supporting your company by having a payed (premium) account. It would be great if you'd support all of us back by adding an option to disable these bleeps. Thanks in advance!

I am going to cancel my acct if this issue isn't fixed in next mobile update

Is there any update about the option in the IOS app to be able to disable the navigation sounds?

It is very annoying... .

Thank you

What about removing it? Unfortunately I'll go to Deezer if sound effects remains...

They are bleeping annoying.

They're very annoying. I ended up replacing the sound files with my own that are silent (empty) .wav files. No more beeping!

I REALLY wish there was a way to turn off the iPod contol completely. Not only are the sounds annoying, but Spotify confuses the heck out of my JVC car stereo. I can only use spotify via Bluetooth these days, because if I try to hook it up via dock connector/usb it goes back and forth between ipod control and usb mode trying to read files from the device. It will occasionally play a song or two in a row, but then it goes all helter skelter again.

It is the only streaming/music app that does this. Pandora: fine, iTunes: fine, iHeartRadio: fine, turntable.fm: fine, Piki: fine. So I'm inclined to think the problem is with Spotify.

Could you please, please, please create a preference that just allows the sound to transmit from the device similar to Pandora or iHeartRadio?

I hope you can understand how frustrating this is. The sound via dock connector is much superior to Bluetooth.

Spotify - is there an update on this? As a feature request this one has been hanging around for a while now. As effort to implement this feature, it must be fairly minimal. We all pay for the Spotify service so please listen to us and respond to this thread every so often. If this isn't the place to raise this and 'vote' on this feature request then please do the decent thing and let us know where we should 'raise our voices' to be heard. We want to know that we have been heard and the outcome of that 'listening to your paying customers'.

Thanks in advance for the update to this feature request.

(btw - when using the Spell Check feature when posting to this forum, it wants to replace the word 'Spotify' with 'spotifuggle')

Stephenoakman:

Just get Tunigo and your problem is solved. Spotify bought this company, and near as I can tell - it's a complete replacement for the Spotify app. Much, much improved experience... All your playlists, everything. So much nicer.

http://us.tunigo.com/apps/

Thank you - that app looks so much better. I still wish it could be fixed in the official app - and to be honest I wish there was an official response from Spotify in their own Spotify community forums!

Back to square one. That app, although beautiful and doesn't make the annoying sound that Spotify does when skipping a track (and it also has a great series of mood playlists) - it doesn't do shuffle play from what I can see. Arrrggghh!!!

Scratch that - found it. When in music player full screen mode, tap the album cover for more controls - and there's the shuffle button.

Glad you found the shuffle button, they did make that a little more obscure than it need be. The only other quibble I have with it, is that it continues to play when unplugged from the car stereo or when you shut the engine off. Oh well... there's always something!

Mine is beyond aggravating..every 3 seconds a three tone xylophone noise in the background of every track!!... Even plays durin commercials!!!!....I'm seriously losing my mind..help??

Thank you verry mucho! I thought these sounds originated from somewhere deeper, but how would i know coz spotify is pretty
much all i listen on ipad... Easy enough fix... This fix is 1of1000 reasons why ios is so much better out of jail. Thanks again monkeybiz.

Let me add one more vote for making these sounds optional -- for me, they really disrupt the listening experience to the point where I'd rather use another music player when I have a choice for a particular album.

(I also typically use Spotify through AirPlay, and the sounds are quite loud on good speakers!)

Is there any news on this or has it been forgotten ?

Sorry but I came here to find a way to turn these annoying noises off, I can't believe you did this deliberately and think it's a good idea. If you want to know if you have paused a track you can tell by it not playing. Feedback is not needed, especially in a music app where people want to hear their music, not some distracting sound effect.

Suggested posts