Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

App Issues

App Issues

Dear Spotify and fellow Spotify friends,

I'm at the end of my frustration right now, if I'm not able to solve my problems here then I will downgrade my membership. I am experiencing VERY annoying and downright shameful problems with the iPhone app of Spotify...

Where do I begin? 

- First of all, ever since I got it a few months ago, it crashes at least once after I start listening to a song when leaving my house forcing me to open the app again. I've noticed though, every time I'm in another city and I open it for the first time that day it does not crash, only in my town. Weird huh? I've tested this in 10+ cities and it never crashed except my city... I'm from the Netherlands and I've tested this in other Dutch cities as well as a few Belgian and German ones without crashing.

- The app crashes almost every time I search for a song with WiFi, even though the WiFi connection is very strong. 

- And recently, the biggest problem of all ocurred. All of a sudden, there seems to be a problem with syncing playlists Offline. So I create a playlist on my laptop, open the app on my phone and then tick the box for it to be available offline and it streams all the songs without a problem. But then when I listen to them the app crashes within 20 seconds and when I reopen it all my synced playlists are gone. When I connect to WiFi again it shows the playlists but not as Offline, and as you could've guessed, syncing them again leads to the same problem over again. So now I can't add anymore songs offline... 

I'm using an iPhone 3G with the latest iOS4, iTunes won't update to iOS5. As much as I've thought it's the fault of my phone I keep thinking it isn't. I'm seeing similar problems on these forums and I really hope it's not because I don't have iOS5. If everything worked fine for a few months but then all of a sudden it doesn't, then I don't think it's my phone or is it? Is this solvable or should I just downgrade? 

Kind regards,

Vedran

0 Replies

Suggested posts