Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

App can't find chromecast device

App can't find chromecast device

After working for months, the chromecast feature on my app for both Iphone X and Ipad air 2 refuses to recognize my chromecast device (Vizio smartTV). All devices and apps are updated, and chromecasting works fine from my phone using other services (Netflix/youtube). It seems to be specifically with the app. Is this feature no longer supported by Spotify? Any insight would be helpful!

3 Replies

Same  I have three Vizio tvs with chromecast built in. Spotify ios so can't find any of them while Android app can. On the affected ios devices other apps can cast just fine. 

Same here. I bought the VIZIO TV in November of 2017. Worked fine until a few weeks ago. VIZIO says the problem is through Spotify after they had me power cycle and reset my TV to factory settings.

Spotify,

what’s the latest information on Spotify Connect on VIZIO’s built-in Chromcast, which I believe is called SmartCast.

Asking for a friend and me. Thanks.

Seems like an issue affecting anyone with the same setup (iOS device and Vizio TV as casting destination) - https://community.spotify.com/t5/Other-Partners-Web-Player-etc/Vizio-TV-Not-Showing-Up-on-Spotify-De...

The workarounds are using an Android device or Open Spotify's web app in a window on Chrome.

Seems like I've only seen a tacit acknowledgement of casting issues in other threads (people not seeing castable speakers if they're grouped). But I don't know when we're going to get a fix.

With the rollout of Airplay 2, it would not surprise me if the developers are sitting on any casting bugs until they figure out how to implement it into the ios app.

IMG_0134.PNG

Suggested posts