NEXT STEP

App crashes halfway through a song

App crashes halfway through a song

Plan

Premium

Device

iPhone 7

My Question or Issue

I noticed over the past few days that whenever I play a song from any of my playlists (not under the liked songs section) the app will crash after fifty seconds to a minute. But the really weird part is that it will ONLY crash if I don't actually have the app open and on the screen. If I shut my phone off, open any other app, or just go to the home screen the music will play for some amount of time and then the app will completely restart and I have to reboot the app and start the song all over again. I’ve restarted my phone multiple times and this issue is still not fixed. Help would definitely be appreciated! 

11 Replies

Hey there @lillydog338,

Thanks for reaching out and welcome to the Community! We'll be happy to help you out.

We suggest you run a clean reinstall since this step can usually solve issues rendering Spotify to malfunction. You can find the necessary steps here.  

If that doesn't do the trick we recommend you check if the app has all permissions activated. You should also deactivate any battery optimization or power saving apps for Spotify.

Hope this helps. Keep us posted how you get on.

Have a great day! 

Howdy,

I heard several people have the same issue since the last iphone update, try to reinstall the app and if that isnt working and it bothers u still that much try to do a Iphone backup.

Good Luck

Kamix

I had the same issue and a clean reinstall helped solve the problem for around a week but now its happening again. I have an iPhone 7, the latest version of Spotify, and premium. Do you have any suggestions? It also only crashes if I leave the app.

Hey @Bubba_monster,

Thanks for reaching out to us 🙂

We'll need more information about the issue. Then we can look into this further. We'd suggest you head here and share with us the details mentioned below.

• Your Spotify version
  • A screenshot of the lock screen 
  • If possible, the time and date it last happened
  • Is the app crashing or just the music is stopping/pausing

Keep us posted! If you have questions, you know where to find us.

Ver Moderator
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate an answer, maybe give it a Like.
Are you new to the Community? Take a moment to introduce yourself!

Hello I’m also having the same problem and I tried everything that people suggested but it doesn’t work I have an XR and the lasers version of Spotify 

Hey there @sickpooper

Thanks for reaching out here in the Community 🙂

Would you mind letting us know the exact OS version of your device, along with the exact Spotify version you're currently running?

Also, can you confirm if this is only happening when the app is running in the background?

Keep us posted. 

NovyModerator
If you appreciate an answer, maybe give it a "Like".

I’m having the same issue. I have an iPhone 11 Pro Max, I’m running iOS 15.1 and and on version 8.6.80.1180 of Spotify. This happens in the background only so far.

I’ve uninstalled/reinstalled, logged out and back in and redid the background settings on my iPhone. The problem still persists.

Same exact thing is happening to me today, same phone and iOS as well.

Hey folks,

Thanks for your posts.

This should be fixed by now. If you're still experiencing this, make sure to run a clean reinstall of the app.

Cheers!

CarlosEModerator

If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Like.

I'm having the exact same problem, I tried to uminstall it and reinstall it but that only fixed it for a few days and than its started happening again

Hey @LegendLeopard9,

Thanks for posting your experience.

Could you share the brand/model and operating system of the affected device? Is it also an iOS mobile device? If so, make sure to have the background app refresh turned on for Spotify (like so) and the battery saving turned off (like so).

Keep us posted,

Cheers!

ElenaModerator
If you appreciate an answer, maybe give it a Like.

Suggested posts