Premium

Country

Germany

Device

iPhone 12 pro

Operating System

Latest ios 

My Question or Issue

Sometimes when the connection is slower, when I try to use some app functions, via the 3 dots, it doesn’t be shown to me…

for example:

if I want to add a music to my playlist, and the internet is kinda slow, then the app doesn’t shows the “add to playlist” function.

314A3EC3-96AB-4053-BFA6-45F22DD5B787.png
E2C4D4EF-4B4E-43DC-95CB-48DE10B335DF.png
3 Replies

Hi there @l3olt

Thanks for reaching out about this here in the Community. 

First up, could you try logging out and then logging back in twice in the app? This is how we force the app to refresh its cache. 

If this doesn't do the trick, would you mind going through the steps of a clean reinstall, as it's more thorough than a normal one?

In case the issue persists, we recommend trying with a different network, for example creating a hotspot on your phone and using that - if that's possible.

Let us know how it goes.

EniModerator
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Like.

“Music acts like a magic key, to which the most tightly closed heart opens.”– Maria von Trapp

Hello! 
thanks for your answer!

unfortunately the problem persists…  In flight Modus or under good connection works everything fine. 
but as soon as your connection is at E or you got a weak LTE, then works Spotify pretty bad…

Hey @l3olt,

Thanks for your response.

Spotify can't guarantee that the app will perform as expected, provided that your internet connection is not stable enough. After all this is an online streaming app and it requires sufficient bandwidth to be able to perform optimal. If there is no way for you to avoid having a bad connection, you could try to optimize the performance by not using the app but our web player instead. On this page here you can read more about Internet and data usage.

Also if you have Premium services, you can take advantage of the Listen offline feature, to completely avoid using a slow connection.

Hope this clears things up. If you have any questions or need anything else, the Community is here for you.

Kiril Moderator
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate an answer, maybe give it a Like.
Are you new to the Community? Take a moment to introduce yourself!

Suggested posts