Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

iOS (iPhone, iPad)

Get help with Spotify for iOS devices

Start a topic

Forum Posts

iOS Local Files: Easier import with the Files app

It is now easier to import Local Files into the Spotify iOS app through the Files app on your iOS device. A computer and WiFi network are not required to use this new import method. This means that you can now import Local Files into the Spotify iOS ...

Files app icon.png
  • Spotify Star
  • Spotify Star
  • zoabknew
  • Regular
  • 13 replies
  • 34 likes
  • 13 replies
  • 34 likes

Spotify via Apple Carplay transfers audio to Volvo's Spotify in-car-app

PlanPremiumCountrySweden DeviceiPhone XrOperating SystemiOS 14.2 My Question or IssueI have a Volvo V60 (MY2021) with Apple Carplay support in Sensus Connect (infotainment system). When I plug in my iPhone to use Apple Carplay to play Spotify the mus...

• Casual Listener
  •   Plan Premium Country Sweden   Device iPhone Xr Operating System iOS 14.2   My Question or Issue I have a Volvo V60 (MY2021) with Apple Carplay support in Sensus Connect (...
  • ppihus
  • 1 replies
  • 3 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 3 likes

Superuser Contribution Can’t share the lyrics to IG story

PlanFamily PremiumCountryThailandDevice(Iphone 11 Pro)Operating System(IOS 14.4) My Question or IssueHi, My issue is that I saw many friends of mine share the lyrics of spotify into their instragram story, and I would like to try it out, too. Hence, ...

• Casual Listener
  • Plan Family Premium Country Thailand Device (Iphone 11 Pro) Operating System (IOS 14.4)     My Question or Issue Hi, My issue is that I saw many friends of mine share the lyrics ...
  • CarlosE
  • 3 replies
  • 2 likes
  • 3 replies
  • 2 likes

Song previews

PlanFreeCountry DeviceiPhone 6Operating SystemiOS 12 My Question or IssueFor some reason when I play certain songs on the song preview it kicks me out of Spotify. Especially, but not always, new songs. Please help?

• Casual Listener
  • Plan Free Country   Device iPhone 6 Operating System iOS 12   My Question or Issue For some reason when I play certain songs on the song preview it kicks me out of Spotify. Especi...
  • Billy-J
  • Spotify Star
  • 3 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 3 replies
  • 0 likes

Superuser Contribution Queue bug!

PlanPremiumCountryThe NetherlandsDeviceiPhone 8Operating SystemiOS 12 My Question or Issue When I queue a song it just disappeares. When I queue 2 songs the first queued song is visable but the latest song not. It’s been 5 updates...

• Casual Listener
  • Plan Premium Country The Netherlands Device iPhone 8 Operating System iOS 12   My Question or Issue  When I queue a song it just disappeares. When I queue 2 songs the first queued...
  • Jeremy
  • Spotify Legend
  • 6 replies
  • 3 likes
  • bug
  • 6 replies
  • 3 likes

Superuser Contribution Issues initializing songs

Device(iPhone X)Operating System(Current iOS ) My Question or Issue: I’’m having issues with songs initializing sometimes when I select them if I’m already listening to music. For example, today I was listening to a playlist I tried to select a song ...

•     Device (iPhone X) Operating System (Current iOS )   My Question or Issue:   I’’m having issues with songs initializing sometimes when I select them if I’m already lis...
  • Jeremy
  • Spotify Legend
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

Superuser Contribution IOS app crashing when adding songs to playlists

IOS app, premium plan.Country: USDevice: Iphone XR, software version 14.4My Question or Issue: My issue happens whenever I go to add a song to any of my playlists through the "add songs" button that shows up when I click on any of my playlists. I swi...

• IOS app, premium plan. Country: US Device: Iphone XR, software version 14.4 My Question or Issue: My issue happens whenever I go to add a song to any of my playlists through the "add songs" butt...
  • Jeremy
  • Spotify Legend
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

Random crashes

PlanFree/PremiumCountry Device(iPhone 8, Samsung Galaxy 9, Macbook Pro late 2016)Operating System(iOS 10, Android Oreo, Windows 10,etc.) My Question or IssueI installed the latest update of spotify on my phone and now it keeps crashing after every 15...

• Casual Listener
  • Plan Free/Premium Country   Device (iPhone 8, Samsung Galaxy 9, Macbook Pro late 2016) Operating System (iOS 10, Android Oreo, Windows 10,etc.)   My Question or Issue I insta...
  • Billy-J
  • Spotify Star
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

No option to change playlist cover image? iOS

I read that you should be able to change the image for a playlist even on mobile. I go to the playlist, hit the three dots, hit edit, and there’s no option to change the image. Just the name of the playlist and the songs on it. I’m on iOS, I’ve made ...

• I read that you should be able to change the image for a playlist even on mobile. I go to the playlist, hit the three dots, hit edit, and there’s no option to change the image. Just the name of the p...
  • Billy-J
  • Spotify Star
  • 1 replies
  • 1 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 1 likes

Superuser Contribution Certain local files won’t show up.

PlanPremiumCountryUSADeviceiphone SE 2020Operating SystemiOS 14.4.1 Some of my local files won’t show up on my phone, but others will. i have like 50 songs that show up and i can listen to, but others just, won’t. even if i downloaded them all from t...

• Plan Premium Country USA Device iphone SE 2020 Operating System iOS 14.4.1   Some of my local files won’t show up on my phone, but others will. i have like 50 songs that show up and i c...
  • Ver
  • Spotify Legend
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

Superuser Contribution Hide Song Button Does not work

If I hide a song in Daily Mixes curated by Spotify, the song still plays. The hide function does not work at all. Moreover, the hidden songs do not sync across devices.

• Regular
  • If I hide a song in Daily Mixes curated by Spotify, the song still plays. The hide function does not work at all.  Moreover, the hidden songs do not sync across devices. 
  • Novy
  • 3 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 3 replies
  • 0 likes

Superuser Contribution Spotify erratically pause and restarts in 3-5 sec’s

Premium user, iPhone XS max, latest ios, listening on 2 HomePods Had problem last 2-3 months. Listening on iPhone is OK, HomePods not. Have tried deleting/reloading app, restarting phone and ‘log out everywhere’ on website. Doesn’t solve the problem....

• Visitor
  • Premium user, iPhone XS max, latest ios, listening on 2 HomePods   Had problem last 2-3 months. Listening on iPhone is OK, HomePods not. Have tried deleting/reloading app, restarting phon...
  • Novy
  • 3 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 3 replies
  • 0 likes

Superuser Contribution Unable to Share Music Via FB Messenger

I'm using an iPhone 6s on iOS 10.3.3 with the latest version of Spotify, and I keep having issues with sharing tracks via Facebook Messenger. If I only share the track to one person (without writing a message with it) the track will go through ok. Ho...

• Roadie
  • I'm using an iPhone 6s on iOS 10.3.3 with the latest version of Spotify, and I keep having issues with sharing tracks via Facebook Messenger. If I only share the track to one person (without writing ...
  • Ver
  • Spotify Legend
  • 2 replies
  • 3 likes
  • 2 replies
  • 3 likes

[iOS][Search] "something went wrong" please try later

i'll type the name of the artist in the search bar, click on the artist name, and get a blank screen with the error message in the subject line. As this has only happened in the last week I'm assuming it's a problem Spotify's end that they haven't an...

• Casual Listener
  • i'll type the name of the artist in the search bar, click on the artist name, and get a blank screen with the error message in the subject line. As this has only happened in the last week I'm assumin...
  • 0 replies
  • 1 likes
  • iOS
    Search
  • 0 replies
  • 1 likes

Superuser Contribution Last Song in Queue is Invisible

PlanPremiumCountryUSADeviceiPhone 7Operating SystemiOS 12.2 My Question or IssueWhen your iPhone is set to the 1st, 3rd, 5th, or 6th largest text size (shown in attachment with key to show order) then the last song in your queue becomes invisible. Th...

• Plan Premium Country USA Device iPhone 7 Operating System iOS 12.2   My Question or Issue When your iPhone is set to the 1st, 3rd, 5th, or 6th largest text size (shown in attachment wi...
  • Alex
  • Spotify Legend
  • 5 replies
  • 10 likes
  • bug
  • 5 replies
  • 10 likes

Superuser Contribution Songs will not play from search

PlanPremiumCountryUSADeviceiPhone 12 proOperating SystemiOS 14.2.1 My Question or IssueI have had this issue for quite a while now and figured it was time to post as the last update did not change anything. When I go to the search bar and type in a s...

• Plan Premium Country USA Device iPhone 12 pro Operating System iOS 14.2.1   My Question or Issue I have had this issue for quite a while now and figured it was time to post as the last...
  • Novy
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

Solved!!Superuser Contribution Daily Mix is Always on Shuffle! (Help)

I connected spotify to my xbox and ever since then it has been shuffling the daily mixes, I don’t really understand how to turn it off, because there is no shuffle button on the now playing thing.PlanFreeCountryUSADevice(iPhone SE)Operating SystemiOS...

• Regular
  • I connected spotify to my xbox and ever since then it has been shuffling the daily mixes, I don’t really understand how to turn it off, because there is no shuffle button on the now playing thing. P...
  • nutcracker1011
  • Regular
  • 21 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 21 replies
  • 0 likes

Superuser Contribution AirPods swapping between Spotify and Apple Music

PlanFamily PremiumCountryBelgiumDeviceiPhone 12Operating SystemiOS 14.2 My Question or IssueI've been using Spotify for years now and never had anything to complain about.Last year I went from all Android to all iOS, but kept Spotify instead of Apple...

• Visitor
  • Plan Family Premium Country Belgium Device iPhone 12 Operating System iOS 14.2   My Question or Issue I've been using Spotify for years now and never had anything to complain about. L...
  • Ivan
  • Spotify Legend
  • 3 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 3 replies
  • 0 likes

Spotify app stuck on premium page + Can't log in with username + Playlist doesn't show up + etc.

PlanFreeCountry-Device(iphone 6)Operating System(ios)My Question or IssueI've had Spotify for only a couple of weeks now and have been enjoying it for that timespan, that is, until I opened up the app and the only thing that greets me is the premium ...

• Visitor
  • Plan Free Country - Device (iphone 6) Operating System (ios) My Question or Issue I've had Spotify for only a couple of weeks now and have been enjoying it for that timespan, that is, until ...
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes

Issues with my iPhone 6

PlanFree/PremiumCountry Device(iPhone 8, Samsung Galaxy 9, Macbook Pro late 2016)Operating System(iOS 10, Android Oreo, Windows 10,etc.) My Question or IssueHi my name is Meghan and I’m having issues with my Spotify it keeps on stopping or changing t...

• Plan Free/Premium Country   Device (iPhone 8, Samsung Galaxy 9, Macbook Pro late 2016) Operating System (iOS 10, Android Oreo, Windows 10,etc.)   My Question or Issue Hi my n...
  • OneByBoo
  • Roadie
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

Superuser Contribution “Open Queue” button stops working after a while

PlanPremiumCountryGermanyDeviceiPhone 12 ProOperating SystemiOS 14.4 My Question or Issue After a while of playback, the “Open Queue” button stops working. The UI still registers the tap (the queue icon is displayed in grey while the finger is on the...

• Casual Listener
  • Plan Premium Country Germany Device iPhone 12 Pro Operating System iOS 14.4   My Question or Issue   After a while of playback, the “Open Queue” button stops working. The UI stil...
  • aaron_k6
  • Casual Listener
  • 6 replies
  • 1 likes
  • 6 replies
  • 1 likes