Announcements
The Spotify Stars Program: Celebrating Values Week!

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

[iOS] Equalizer partially hidden above window

[iOS] Equalizer partially hidden above window

New bug found in latest iOS update 8.6.82.1634. Top of equalizer is hidden above screen, unable to adjust if the points are above the screen. See photo.

9CF22C81-FACF-42FE-96C9-0F1B2BE2C722.png

Restarting the app moves equalizer back down where it should be, but after some use it goes back up above the screen.

7 Replies

Hey @YoJimboYo,

Thanks for the post.

Can you let us know if this is tru for all equalizer presets?

You can try resizing the UI for Spotify. You can do that in Settings > Accessibility, then select “Display & Text Size.

Keep us posted on how you get on.

AlexModerator
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate an answer, maybe give it a Like.
Are you new to the Community? Take a moment to introduce yourself!

Same issue. 
I saw this on occasion on iPhone 7 prior to December and now on iPhone 13 pro it appears even further off screen. 
Restarting the Spotify app seems to be the only recourse. 
I use iOS defaults, accessibility Display & Text size changes are off. 

D54BF517-9FD5-4F12-99B9-17B0E7EB5F1B.png

Hi @ezdub,

Thank you for your reply in this thread.

Can you perform a clean reinstall of the app? This will make sure there's no cache files causing this.

If that doesn't do the trick, can you have someone log in with their account on your device - such as a friend or a family member. This will help us understand if it's account related or not.

We'll keep an eye out for your reply.

Cheers!

JeremyModerator
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Like.
Live, love, laugh and listen to music 🙂

I've performed a clean reinstall, following the steps in the link you provided. The issue still appears: the EQ begins off-screen and unusable.

Can you update the "clean reinstall" article to let users know they will lose all app settings? There are literally pages of Spotify settings & screenshots would have helped me.

Hey @ezdub,

Thanks for your reply and bringing this to our attention.

We've gone ahead and updated the clean reinstall article, to reflect the missing information.

Also, could you share with us if you were able to let someone log in with their account on your device, as @Jeremy  suggested earlier. We're asking you this to help us understand if the situation is account related or not.

Keep us posted, we'll be on the lookout for your reply.

Kiril Moderator
If you appreciate an answer, maybe give it a Like.

Thank you for updating the clean install article with the tip to screenshot settings!

I have not seen this EQ bug recently and also have been unable to use someone else's account. If it reappears I hope to find the steps to reproduce and come back here to share.

Hey @ezdub,

Thanks for your message.

We're glad to know that things are working for now. If the issue reappears or anything else comes up, the Community will be here for you.

Have a nice day!

NovyModerator
If you appreciate an answer, maybe give it a "Like".

Suggested posts