Announcements
The Spotify Stars Program: Celebrating Values Week!

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

App glitches when playing music from search bar

App glitches when playing music from search bar

There is a glitch when trying to play music directly from the search bar. 
While searching for a song/podcast, I tap on the one I want but the app glitches. If I’m listening to music already, that music will stop and the banner at the bottom (with the song information and play/pause button) will disappear as if I just opened the app fresh; there’s nothing to resume.

Tapping again on the song I searched for does nothing- it doesn’t play. I have to go to the album or close out of and restart my app. This happens multiple times a day, and as someone who searches for new music all the time, it’s annoying 1) not being able to just hit play 2) that it actively disrupts my listening. 

Plan

Premium

Country

US

Device

iPhone 12 Pro

Operating System

iOS 14.4, app version 8.6.0

7 Replies

Hey @CallMeKuzon, thanks for reaching out to the Community!

Could you try restarting your device? If that doesn't help, try a clean reinstall of the app following these steps.

Let me know how this goes!

Billy-JSpotify Star
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Like.
Note: I'm not a Spotify employee.

I have uninstalled the app and restarted my phone and the app still glitches. Doesn’t seem to be as often, but often enough it’s still annoying. 

Hey there @CallMeKuzon,

Thank you for your reply.

Can you confirm if you followed these? steps A clean reinstall is different from a quick reinstall and could be helpful to get rid of any cached files that might be causing trouble. 

It that doesn't do the trick, can you log in with another account - such as a friend's or a family member's to see if the issue persist?

We'll keep an eye out for your reply.

Cheers!

JeremyModerator
Live, love, laugh and listen to music 🙂

I’ve tried a clean install and it still does it often, but less than before. Also doesn’t it bad when someone shares a song through SnapChat, for example, it shows the selected album, but it doesn’t play and it stops everything I had playing.

Hi @CallMeKuzon,

Thanks for the reply.

Can you make sure that there is no Battery optimization enabled for Spotify and that the app is granted all Permissions from your phone's settings.

Also, let us know if you get the same glitches when you're using a different account. This will help us understand if the issue is account or device related.

Cheers.

AlexModerator
If you appreciate an answer, maybe give it a Like.
Are you new to the Community? Take a moment to introduce yourself!

I don’t have another account to try this with. All access is granted and low power mode is off.

Hey @CallMeKuzon,

Thanks for keeping in touch.

If you can't borrow another account, you can create a free test account here using a different email to see how it goes.

Additionally, can you let us know if the same happens on another device? This would help us determine if this might be a device or account-related issue.

Keep us posted. We'll be on the lookout.

CarlosEModerator

Suggested posts