App not working

Plan - Premium

Country - USA

Device

iPhone 11

Operating System

iOS 15.1

My Question or Issue

Today I have opened the Spotify app to find I am unable to do anything. I was initially able to join a play session with another person, but since then, I cannot play any song, the now playing banner is gone, even though music is playing. I can still navigate menus and add music to the queue but I cannot play any songs or go to the now playing screen. Both my phone and the Spotify app are up to date.

I have tried restarting the phone, uninstalling and reinstalling the app, and logging out and logging back into my account and nothing has fixed this issue.

8 Replies

I have also confirmed that I am connected to the internet.

Upon further trying random things, it seems that the group session caused some sort of glitch. Idk how, but after a minute the now playing screen is back and I can play songs again, but despite the fact that I am in a group session, I now have zero control over it. I cannot add music to the group queue, if I play a song, it only plays on my device, but if I skip the song that’s playing in my device, it skips the song playing on the other device as well (which again, I have to stress are two different songs with two different queues somehow).

I’m having the same issue after joining a group session!! I’ve tried deleting the app and reinstalled, logging out, leaving and rejoining the group session, and ending and restarting the session on the other device. At some point when I was trying all of these, the ‘now playing’ bar at the bottom also disappeared and has yet to return. 😞

I’m on an iPhone 12 max using version 8.6.84.1353.

1AE79497-12A0-4A0B-904A-92A7C603D1AC.png

Hey folks,

Thanks for reaching out to the Community.

We understand that you already tried reinstalling the app, but can you make sure to follow these steps for a clean reinstall, which is more thorough?

If this doesn't do the trick, can you try logging in to a different mobile device to see if this issue persists?

Keep us posted.

CarlosEModerator

Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Like.

Just finished the clean reinstall. It is still not working.

Hey @SaigeAlexis,

Thanks for your reply.

To confirm, did you try with a different device?

We'd also like to know if this behavior persists after you leave the group session or if it's only while being in one.

We'll be on the lookout.

CarlosEModerator

The issue seems to have worked itself out. I did try another device and it is working, it is also working on my device again. The only thing I haven’t controlled for it’s that the initial issue was occurring while the other phone (not mine) was connected to a radio and using CarPlay. Today, when I tried the group session again, it seems to be working like normal, but we are not using CarPlay currently, so I’m unsure if that had something to do with it.

Hi @SaigeAlexis,

Thanks for keeping us posted.

It's great to heat that everything is working smoothly now!

If the issue comes back or if you need a hand with anything else, the Community is here for you.

Have a good one 🙂

CarlosEModerator

Suggested posts