Free

Country

US

Device

iPhone 11

Operating System

iOS 14 

My Question or Issue

Every time I use the app I can only play songs for a few minutes because it pauses and my music stops, it’s not my wireless earbuds since it works just fine on other audio based apps, doesn’t disconnect  and don’t kick me

out the app, only does it with Spotify. 
Ive already deleted/installed the app, cleared my cache and deleted my cookies. What can fix it ?

8 Replies

Hi there @mimi_trbl_star! Thanks for reporting this in the Community, and welcome!

We know how difficult it is when the app starts acting up. Rest assured, we're here to help you!

Have you tried logging in with another Spotify account using the same device and tried listening to some music? If not, could you please try this step? Just to make sure if there's not an issue related to your account.

I'll be on the lookout for your reply.

Cheers,
Mateus.

MateusMSpotify Star
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Like.
Note: I'm not a Spotify employee.

I’ll make a new account, I’ll update this thread to see if it works or not. But if it’s a account problem is there a way to fix it ? My main Spotify account has everything on it wouldn’t want to lose it

Hey hey @mimi_trbl_starz!

Thanks for getting back to us.

If the issue lies with your account you can move all your music to a new account. We have the steps explaining how to do that here.

But before we need to help you with moving accounts we can try some more troubleshooting on your device to see where the issue is coming from.

Does this happen only on your phone or on the desktop app and the web player as well? 

You can also reset your password here and try logging in on your Account page and going to ''Apps'' in the menu on the left side.

There you can see all third party apps that are connected to your account and we'd recommend that you "Remove Access" for the apps that you don't recognize.

Keep us in the loop on this!

ElenaModerator
If you appreciate an answer, maybe give it a Like.
Are you new to the Community? Take a moment to introduce yourself!

So far it only doesn’t work too well on my phone [the original account] but I noticed the format is different on the [new account] I did and it runs smoother too, I’m confused as to what could be the problem now 

Hey @mimi_trbl_starz,

Keep in mind that we're constantly running test in order to improve the user experience. This means that some accounts might have access to a certain features that others don't or see a slightly different layout of the app. 

If you'd still prefer not to transfer your music collection to the new account, could you let us know if you went through the other steps that @Elena posted above for the old one?

Let us know if that helped. We'll keep an eye out for your post. 

Mihail Moderator

I did take the steps of resetting my password and removing unrecognized third party access, The devices where my original account works fine are my roku tv and Amazon fire but like I said on my phone the app closes/pauses after a few songs and I usually only get the option to shuffle music with the older layout I suppose. But I have so many playlists and a few followers along with my listening record of years so switching over would be too much

The web player also only lets me play music using the mobile version, I can’t access it using desktop mode on my phone says “reload”

Hey @mimi_trbl_starz,

The fact that that the app runs smoothly with a different account points in the direction that the issue is most likely caused by your old account.

Since you've already tried a clean reinstall, the other thing we could still try on your phone to rule out any device problems would be a factory reset.

Let us know how you get on.

Mihail Moderator

Suggested posts