Plan

Premium

Country

USA Washington

Device Apple Watch SE Model A2354

Operating System

(iOS 7.2 version

My Question or Issue

Equipment: Apple Watch SE Cellular version and Bose Bluetooth Sport headphones.

The app keeps freezing when I use the watch on a run. I start Spotify, music starts playing no problems for a few minutes.

I open the iOS activity app to track my pace and distance, music still playing on Spotify...

randomly, the Spotify app stops playing music and the app freezes, meaning I touch play and nothing happens and watch doesn’t respond. 

I take the watch off, put it back on and after the watch does it’s thing I can then restart the music and start running again.

what’s wrong? Why does this happen? 

I purchased the cellular Apple Watch version to be able to stream music from my watch while on runs and use streaming apps.

I haven’t left the country or state. The watch and iPhone were paired in the same state I run in. I say this because I see some comments about signing out of the App Store to reestablish your location....

why does Spotify app keep freezing when using on the Apple Watch SE?

thanks!

1 Reply

Re: Apple Watch SE cellular bug?

Hey @ModestRunner,

Thanks for reaching out to the Community.

We recommend that you firs fully unpair your watch from the headphones and smartphone. Afterwards perform a clean reinstall of the Spotify app on your iPhone and pair the devices them again. This way the connection between them gets reestablished from the ground up and issues like the ones you're describing tend to get resolved. It's also a good idea to check for any possible firmware updates for all devices in your setup. That way you can make use of all released fixes and improvements.

You can also find some more useful info on how to use Spotify with your Apple Watch here.

Keep us posted! We'll be happy to lend a hand if you need more help. 

MihailModerator
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Like.

“Music is a language that doesn’t speak in particular words. It speaks in emotions, and if it’s in the bones, it’s in the bones.” - Keith Richards
SUGGESTED POSTS