Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

iOS (iPhone, iPad)

Get help with Spotify for iOS devices

Start a topic

Forum Posts

iOS Local Files: Easier import with the Files app

It is now easier to import Local Files into the Spotify iOS app through the Files app on your iOS device. A computer and WiFi network are not required to use this new import method. This means that you can now import Local Files into the Spotify iOS ...

Files app icon.png
  • Spotify Star
  • Spotify Star
  • zoabknew
  • Regular
  • 13 replies
  • 33 likes
  • 13 replies
  • 33 likes

Superuser Contribution Unable to access drop down menu from search page when offline

Plan: PremiumCountryUSADeviceiPhone XROperating SystemiOS 14.4My Question or IssueI have a premium account and have a few playlists downloaded. When I am connected to WiFi or data I have no problems, but for some reason when I am in offline mode and ...

• Plan: Premium Country USA Device iPhone XR Operating System iOS 14.4 My Question or Issue I have a premium account and have a few playlists downloaded. When I am connected to WiFi or data I...
  • Ver
  • Spotify Legend
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

Superuser Contribution Playlists Are Not Saving To Artist Profile

Plan- PREMIUMCountry - CANADA DeviceiPhone 11, Macbook ProOperating SystemiOS and Mac I am having lots of issues saving my playlists to my Spotify artist account. I previously had no issues but then two days ago a lot of my artist playlists disappear...

• Gig Goer
  • Plan- PREMIUM Country - CANADA   Device iPhone 11, Macbook Pro Operating System iOS and Mac    I am having lots of issues saving my playlists to my Spotify artist account....
  • Alex
  • Spotify Legend
  • 2 replies
  • 3 likes
  • 2 replies
  • 3 likes

Solved!! I want to shuffle all playlists on my iPhone , like I can do on the desktop app.

PlanPremiumCountryUSADeviceiPhone 12Operating SystemLatest iOS My Question or Issue I'm loving my return to Spotify and on the desktop app I'm able to shuffle play all of my playlists together. Why can I not seem to do the same on the iPhone app? Thi...

• Plan Premium Country USA Device iPhone 12 Operating System Latest iOS   My Question or Issue   I'm loving my return to Spotify and on the desktop app I'm able to shuffle play all...
  • OneByBoo
  • Roadie
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

Tracks in album hidden

PlanPremiumCountryThailandDeviceiPhone 11Operating SystemiOS 14.6 My Question or IssueThe album was NOT removed for licensing reason, but the track listing was hidden/invisible, and can only play via shuffle green button.

• Regular
  • Plan Premium Country Thailand Device iPhone 11 Operating System iOS 14.6   My Question or Issue The album was NOT removed for licensing reason, but the track listing was hidden/invisib...
  • pnr8555
  • Regular
  • 2 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 2 replies
  • 0 likes

Superuser Contribution Bugs IOS

PlanPremiumCountry Netherlands Device(iPhone 8 )Operating System(iOS 14.4) My Question or IssueMultiple different bugs in the app.1. Not able to play NOT-downloaded songs with strong wifi (you just tap the song and nothing happens)note: some NOT-down...

•   Plan Premium Country  Netherlands   Device (iPhone 8 ) Operating System (iOS 14.4)   My Question or Issue Multiple different bugs in the app. 1. Not able to play NO...
  • Jeremy
  • Spotify Legend
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

Superuser Contribution Help with liked playlist

using iphone xs max. I have gone through and setup a liked playlist and when i get on my app the playlist isnt updated as it is on the computer. Any help or suggestions?

• Casual Listener
  • using iphone xs max. I have gone through and setup a liked playlist and when i get on my app the playlist isnt updated as it is on the computer. Any help or suggestions?
  • Jeremy
  • Spotify Legend
  • 2 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 2 replies
  • 0 likes

Superuser Contribution No lyrics for a Hong Kong user

I'm a Hong Kong Premium user, but there's no lyrics for my iOS devices. However, the Spotify on my Macbook can look up the lyrics which makes me confused. Also, the users in my family all have lyrics, why????? Why can't I enjoy the lyrics on my iPhon...

• I'm a Hong Kong Premium user, but there's no lyrics for my iOS devices. However, the Spotify on my Macbook can look up the lyrics which makes me confused. Also, the users in my family all have lyrics...
  • theretherethere
  • 2 replies
  • 1 likes
  • 2 replies
  • 1 likes

Superuser Contribution The UI update is hurting our feelings - this is why

I'm using spotify for over 5 years now. I was loyal all the time, except that one time when I tried to switch to Apple Music for better phone integration - but your interface was better. Now - If this UI stays as it is - I will finally make the switc...

baduiux.png
  • Music Fan
  •   I'm using spotify for over 5 years now. I was loyal all the time, except that one time when I tried to switch to Apple Music for better phone integration - but your interface was better. Now ...
  • eglinski
  • Music Fan
  • 10 replies
  • 23 likes
  • 10 replies
  • 23 likes

Superuser Contribution Can’t play “Liked songs” via group session

PlanPremiumCountryAustraliaDeviceiPhone 11 ProOperating SystemiOS 14.3 My Question or IssueWhen connected to a group session (where I’m using my device to control/play songs on a different device), playing playlists works fine, but when I try play my...

• Visitor
  • Plan Premium Country Australia Device iPhone 11 Pro Operating System iOS 14.3   My Question or Issue When connected to a group session (where I’m using my device to control/play songs ...
  • user-removed
  • Not applicable
  • 2 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 2 replies
  • 0 likes

Superuser Contribution Made for you disappeared

PlanPremiumCountryUSADeviceiphone xOperating Systemios12.2 My Question or Issue About two weeks ago my Made For You deleted from the home page. It is now under the Library tab. Can't seems to get it back. Had Premium for years. Deleted and re-added a...

• Casual Listener
  • Plan Premium Country USA Device iphone x Operating System ios12.2   My Question or Issue   About two weeks ago my Made For You deleted from the home page. It is now under the Lib...
  • Alex
  • Spotify Legend
  • 18 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 18 replies
  • 0 likes

Superuser Contribution local files on iPhone

So i want to play songs that are on my laptop(itunes, local files on spotify) on my phone(through spotify). Following intructions given to me from my iphone, i put the songs on a playlist and marked it for a so callled "offline sync" but on my phone,...

• So i want to play songs that are on my laptop(itunes, local files on spotify) on my phone(through spotify). Following intructions given to me from my iphone, i put the songs on a playlist and marked ...
  • Ivan
  • Spotify Legend
  • 5 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 5 replies
  • 0 likes

Solved!!Superuser Contribution Can’t filter by downloaded songs in “Liked songs”

PlanPremiumCountryArgentinaDeviceiPhone 7Operating SystemiOS 14.4Hi all! Several years ago there was a filter available in the liked songs section that enabled me to filter by downloaded songs in both online and offline mode, avoiding a long list of ...

• Regular
  • Plan Premium Country Argentina Device iPhone 7 Operating System iOS 14.4 Hi all!   Several years ago there was a filter available in the liked songs section that enabled me to filter...
  • Novy
  • 3 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 3 replies
  • 0 likes

[iOS][Your Library] Why does Spotify keep crashing/closing?

Whenever I open Spotify and play a song, Spotify crashes at least 30 seconds into the song. It’s annoying because I try to listen to music but it keeps closing. Can anyone help me?

• Visitor
  • Whenever I open Spotify and play a song, Spotify crashes at least 30 seconds into the song. It’s annoying because I try to listen to music but it keeps closing. Can anyone help me?
  • Billy-J
  • Spotify Star
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • iOS
    Your Library
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

Superuser Contribution Can’t close “Invite friends to group session” screen

PlanPremiumCountryAustraliaDeviceiPhone 11 ProOperating SystemiOS 14.3 My Question or IssueWhen you click “Invite friends” on the group session screen, the “x” is pushed way up to the top of the screen behind the iPhone clock/time, and so you can’t c...

CFB8D5FD-6164-4915-9097-9E66C97FB66D.png
  • Visitor
  • Plan Premium Country Australia Device iPhone 11 Pro Operating System iOS 14.3   My Question or Issue When you click “Invite friends” on the group session screen, the “x” is pushed way ...
  • Alex
  • Spotify Legend
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

Solved!!Superuser Contribution Song Request

Hey y’all, At some point can you please add Place Pigalle by Elliott Smith? Spotify’s done an amazing job adding his obscure content but it’s a beautiful song and more people deserve to hear it. -TristanPremiumUSA

• Casual Listener
  • Hey y’all,  At some point can you please add Place Pigalle by Elliott Smith? Spotify’s done an amazing job adding his obscure content but it’s a beautiful song and more people deserve to hear i...
  • Alex
  • Spotify Legend
  • 1 replies
  • 1 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 1 likes

Superuser Contribution Spotify Crashing Iphone 11

PlanFreeCountryUSADevice(iPhone 11)Operating System(iOS 14.4) My Question or IssueSpotify keeps crashing on my after roughly 45 minutes. I have wiped the cache and completed a re-install but it is continuing to happen.

• Casual Listener
  • Plan Free Country USA Device (iPhone 11) Operating System (iOS 14.4)   My Question or Issue Spotify keeps crashing on my after roughly 45 minutes. I have wiped the cache and completed ...
  • Alex
  • Spotify Legend
  • 4 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 4 replies
  • 0 likes

Superuser Contribution Can't sync local files to iPhone

PlanPremiumCountryUnited KingdomDeviceMacbook air & iPhone XROperating SystemmacOS Catalina & IOS 14.4 My Question or IssueI uploaded some local files to the desktop app and followed all the instructions but it wont let me download them to my phone t...

•   Plan Premium Country United Kingdom Device Macbook air & iPhone XR Operating System macOS Catalina & IOS 14.4   My Question or Issue I uploaded some local files to the ...
  • Eni
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

Superuser Contribution Can’t stop or leave Group Session when connected to bluetooth

PlanPremiumCountrySwedenDeviceiPhone 12 ProOperating SystemiOS 14.2.1 My Question or IssueMe and two friends were having a Group Session. All having iPhones. The day after we noticed we were still connected while in our cars. However, me as the host ...

• Casual Listener
  • Plan Premium Country Sweden Device iPhone 12 Pro Operating System iOS 14.2.1   My Question or Issue Me and two friends were having a Group Session. All having iPhones. The day after ...
  • Ivan
  • Spotify Legend
  • 4 replies
  • 1 likes
  • Group Sessions
  • 4 replies
  • 1 likes

Superuser Contribution Opening Whatsapp stops Music after iOS 14.4 update

Hi, after updating to iOS 14.4 Spotify not works anymore in background once opening Whatsapp. reproductions immediately stops with no reason (not sending audio messages or watching videos..just opening the Whatsapp app). Works well as usual in backgr...

• Visitor
  • Hi,    after updating to iOS 14.4 Spotify not works anymore in background once opening Whatsapp. reproductions immediately stops with no reason (not sending audio messages or watching vid...
  • 10i-_wupg357d
  • 3 replies
  • 4 likes
  • 3 replies
  • 4 likes

Superuser Contribution Local files not adding to liked songs on iPhone, even though added on computer

Plan: PremiumDevice: iPhone 7Operating System: Windows 10I know and am able to add local files from my computer to Spotify, add them to a playlist, and add them to my "Liked" songs on my computer. I can't seem to figure out how to add the same songs ...

• Casual Listener
  • Plan: Premium Device: iPhone 7 Operating System: Windows 10 I know and am able to add local files from my computer to Spotify, add them to a playlist, and add them to my "Liked" songs on my comput...
  • Alex
  • Spotify Legend
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes