Announcements

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Podcasts not working great with Apple watch

Podcasts not working great with Apple watch

I'm using Spotify on an iPhone and Apple Watch. I started following some podcasts. When my watch is connected to my phone, I can go into the Spotify app on my Apple Watch and it'll list the podcasts by new episodes. When I go outside out of Bluetooth range, I go to the podcasts on my watch and it no longer organizes the podcasts by which ones have new episodes. The app just lists the shows. It also doesn't show all the ones I'm following. When I'm back in Bluetooth range of the app, everything goes back to normal and I can see the podcasts organized by episodes. Additionally, when the watch is connected through cellular, only 20 of the podcasts I follow show up. Seems like this is the same limitations for playlists that will show up on the watch through cellular. I'm on the latest version of iOS on both devices. I've tried deleting and reinstalling the app as well as signing out everywhere.  Is this a bug or is there anything I can do to fix it?

6 Replies

Hey there @Kbd123

Thanks for getting in touch about this here in the Community.

You should still be able to see the episodes in the right order even though you're out of the Bluetooth range.

In this case, we suggest that you try reinstalling the app on your phone following these specific steps (this one is more thorough than a normal one) and run a reinstall of the app on the watch as well.

If this doesn't make any difference, we'd recommend unpairing and then re-pairing your devices.

On another note, it's expected behavior of the app that only 20 podcasts or playlists are showing up when using cellular or WiFi. 

Keep us posted on how it goes. 

EniModerator
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Like.

“Music acts like a magic key, to which the most tightly closed heart opens.”– Maria von Trapp

I tried the steps but I still get the same results. If im

connected to my phone with Bluetooth, it'll list the podcasts in order by which one was updated last. When I'm connected through Wifi or cellular, I'm not sure what order the podcasts are listed in, but there's no information on when episodes were last updated and it only lists up to 20 podcasts. 

ive attached 2 screen shots of what it looks like connected through Bluetooth and connected through Wifi or cellular. 

1FC867A4-3E82-4982-8230-51981B18D0BE.png
4B62A1B7-B0EF-4847-AF65-11421EAEDA8D.png

Hey @Kbd123

Thanks for getting back to us. 

If this persists after a clean reinstall and re-pairing the devices it's also a good idea to make sure that no battery optimization settings or data cleaning apps run active on your mobile device. Such features can often prevent the app from operating at full capacity.

We also suggest accessing the app settings and making sure all Permissions are enabled for Spotify. 

Keep us in the loop here. 

On another note, it's expected behavior of the app that only 20 podcasts or playlists are showing up when using cellular or WiFi. 

Can you select which ones somehow? Mine shows fewer than 20 podcasts that I follow (maybe 10). But more importantly, it does not show my most frequently played (JRE for example.) It shows some podcasts that I rarely listen to. Can you "force" the Spotify app on Apple watch on which podcasts to offer when on cellular? 

Hi there @runnerdude

Thanks for reaching out about this here in the Community. 

Currently, we're afraid it's not possible to manually choose which podcasts show up on the watch when on cellular. 

In this case, you can have a look in our Idea Exchange to see if someone else has already made a similar suggestion. If there isn't one, you can give these steps a go and submit your idea so that other users can also support it. The higher the number of votes an idea gets, the more likely it is for it to be implemented.

If you need help with anything else, just let us know. 

EniModerator
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Like.

“Music acts like a magic key, to which the most tightly closed heart opens.”– Maria von Trapp

Any solution for this?  I am having the same problem.

Suggested posts