Announcements

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

[iOS][Connect] Apple Watch cellular function optimizations

[iOS][Connect] Apple Watch cellular function optimizations

I use Spotify on Apple Watch cellular with AirPods Pro without my iPhone.   
i  use it by running workouts and here are actually two problems:

1. if I want to start running I am connected to my wlan and the iPhone is near by I cannot use Spotify with Apple Watch cellular. If I go out and a few meters of my wlan range then it works correctly. 
Is it possible to start the music at home and not while I am running?

2. Then I come back and i am again near by my iPhone / wlan the music stops and the AirPods connects to the iPhone. If I start the music again over the AirPods it plays the last track from the iPhone and not from the watch. If I go away from the wlan range the music stops again and then play the track from the watch again. Very annoying if I walk around the house while I want to hear the music. 
is it possible to change this „connection switch“

1 Reply

Hi, been trying to figure out the connection problems here for a month or so, but it didn't help. I can always eventually get Spotify to work on my Apple Watch but it takes way too long and there's no one way that works consistently. I hope they get this fixed but in the mean time I got a free 6 months trial for Apple Music from Verizon so I'm gonna switch to that for my Watch and keep using Spotify on everything else.  I was able to transfer all my playlists from Spotify to Apple Music automatically (thank God for https://www.tunemymusic.com ) so that really helped ease the pain. The idea of recreating my years of Spotify one at a time was seriously depressing... Lol.

Anyway, I'm still a fan and will continue to use Spotify on everything but my Apple Watch and hopefully they can get this connection thing figured out in the next six months. If you find a solution please let us know. 

Suggested posts