Apple Watch offline usage?

Solved!

Apple Watch offline usage?

bi3wn9r2f84h8zy
Visitor

My Question or Issue

i have recently purchased an Apple Watch, will there be an update that allows me to use Spotify on there without taking my phone out with me? It is very inconvenient when exercising? 

I have seen similar posts to this all over a year ago with very limited answer which have really been avoiding the question... so Spotify do you have an answer for this? 

The technology must already be there as other music apps are able to implement this feature...

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
Solution!

MattSuda
Rock Star 24
Rock Star 24

Good news!

Spotify now supports downloads on Apple Watch. This will be rolling out over the next several weeks.

Check out this Spotify news article for more info:

Enjoy More Ways Than Ever to Use Spotify on Your Apple Watch—Now With Downloads 

MattSudaRock Star 24
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Like.
Note: I'm not a Spotify employee.

View solution in original post

Jeremy

Hey @ttomovski,

Thank you for your post.

We understand that things can feel frustrating when things don't work the way you'd like to. Rest assure we're constantly aiming to improve our features

@Mihail mentioned earlier in this thread that there is currently a test going on with improvements to the Apple Watch experience, but we have no further information to share publicly at this time.

In order to have access to all available features, as soon as they are rolled out, you should keep your app updated to the latest version.

We recommend everyone to leave a +VOTE and subscribe to this thread for any updates.

You can read more about how your feedback reach Spotify here

Cheers 🙂

169 Replies
Solution!

MattSuda
Rock Star 24
Rock Star 24

Good news!

Spotify now supports downloads on Apple Watch. This will be rolling out over the next several weeks.

Check out this Spotify news article for more info:

Enjoy More Ways Than Ever to Use Spotify on Your Apple Watch—Now With Downloads 

MattSudaRock Star 24
Note: I'm not a Spotify employee.

View solution in original post

luissilva274
Casual Listener

This is actually holding me back from purchasing an Apple Watch. I've used Spotify for years, have all kinds of playlists there and I don't want to switch. There is no point in buying an Apple Watch if I still need to carry my phone with me to listen to music while I run.

Jeremy

Hey folks,

Thank you for your posts.

We're always testing things by adding or removing features to make Spotify better overall. 

As @Peter mentioned -  we have an idea about this. You can leave a +Vote and subscribe to the thread for any updates.

If you have any questions we're happy to help.

Cheers!

JeremyModerator
Live, love, laugh and listen to music 🙂

SpiDey123
Regular

offline music of Streaming?

Jeremy

Hey @SpiDey123,

Thank you for your reply.

This idea is for Spotify streaming and offline Listening.

Cheers 🙂

JeremyModerator

mrmoosickle
Regular
When this functionality is available will it be listed somewhere? It would appear I need to sign up for premium again to even try it on my watch. I don’t want to switch back until I know for sure I can stream from the watch app.

spolo85
Regular
I'm sure they will post it on their log notes or even update the app store profile to highlight. This a huge feature, I doubt they wouldn't want to market it

SpiDey123
Regular

Offline music or Streaming? *

spolo85
Regular
yes

spolo85
Regular
sorry, streaming... no offline

SpiDey123
Regular

I dont need Streaming because i want to use it while cycling / Strava... would drain my battery within 2 hrs which doesnt make sense. Any timeframe on offline capability? If Not i have to Go to Apple Music 😞

Jeremy

Hey @mrmoosickle and @SpiDey123,

We can't tell you a specific time this feature will be available at the moment - but if you subscribed to the thread you should be updated as soon as there's any updates regarding this.

We're always one reply away 🙂

Cheers!

JeremyModerator

ttomovski
Casual Listener

Hey Jeremy,

Is anyone at Spotify able to give any specific answers as you surely know what you are developing and until when!? Do you think that maybe 3-4 years have been enough for such an important feature?

Lack of proper communication is more annoying than this feature, which is why everyone is super mad at spotify for holding this back forever.

"We're always one reply away" - what does this even mean? Nobody has provided a decent, meaningful reply in years. I appreciate your reply but it does not help at all whatsoever.

Exemplary reply would be: "This feature is in development since xx.xx.xxxx (date). We had difficulties integrating this within the apple ecosystem resulting in many delays. We expect to begin testing phase (which you did obviously) from xx.xx.xxx until xx.xx.xxx date. It is due for a public release in version XX of spotify and version xx of watchOS."

This is not so hard, come on!

toenni13
Regular
Hahahahahahahhahahah you guys are ridiculous. Just say you'll never do this and stop giving us this "oh not at the moment but maybe wait just 10 more years and maybe then we'll do it" **bleep**. You guys could've done this for years now and NOTHING has changed that would make you do it. You can do it you choose not to. Stop this**bleep**.

DesignByAdrian
Gig Goer

Spotify loves complaining when Apple does something competitive, but does little to stay with the competition.

Proper Apple Watch app and bundle with Netflix or Amazon should help.

spolo85
Regular
to be fair, people have left. I was one of them but I eventually came back. Unfortunatley in terms of content and usability, nothing will compare to Spotify. They have us by the balls

toenni13
Regular

Nope I'm with Apple Music and theres literally nothing I miss with spotify. 

hassnick
Regular

I’m the same - swapped to Apple Music and there’s nothing I miss. It’s just a better experience if you plan to use things to the extent of the capabilities of your phone and watch

mrmoosickle
Regular

Only thing I miss is not being able to control Apple Music on Alexa. You can from the Alexa app for recently played but that’s it. Better functionality with Spotify. 

spolo85
Regular
good luck gettiing any info out of Spotify on that. This thread is 5 years old and nobody from Spotify has given any indication of any of these features. Only users whom spotted some of these features in beta
SUGGESTED POSTS