Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Apple desktop app has NEVER WORKED

Solved!

Apple desktop app has NEVER WORKED

Premium Plan, USA. Macbook Pro 2019 running OS Mojave 10.14.6.

The Spotify desktop app on my computer has NEVER worked. It was not working on my first computer, which was an older Macbook Pro. I then subscribed to Premium in case that was the issue. This was years ago. I then bought a new computer (I needed a new one anyway) in case that was the issue. This was also years ago. Neither fixed the issue. I have tried reinstalling the app several times. I have cleared my cache multiple times. Nothing helps. When I open the app, nothing loads -- like the screen stays totally black -- no matter how long I wait for it to load, and eventually I have to force it to quit. This has been the case for a few years now. I have posted here before and it's never solved my problem.

My phone app is now malfunctioning with a different bug, which I am posting on a different help topic, so now the only way I have to listen to Spotify as a premium customer is the "open.spotify.com" browser way. You've got to be kidding me. Don't tell me the problem is my computer, because I have tried two different ones. I've held out for YEARS but it might be time for me to migrate to Apple Music unless you can fix my problem. 

Accepted Solutions
Marked as solution

Hey @booradleytron,

Thanks for reaching out about this in the Community!

Sorry to hear that you're not able to use the Spotify Desktop app on multiple laptops.

A possible part of the issue might be the OS you're currently running. Mojave is not the latest Mac OS available, and we really recommend using the latest possible OS release on all devices, as multiple OS issues and security gaps get fixed in newer versions.

I understand that it's not always possible to update your OS because of certain software.

So, since this is happening on multiple devices, can you try logging in with a different account on your Desktop app if you can load the Log-in screen at all?

If not possible, you can try to do the steps from Loxer's suggestion here or the Solution mentioned by the users in this thread.

Keep us posted on how you get on.

AlexModerator
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate an answer, maybe give it a Like.
Are you new to the Community? Take a moment to introduce yourself!

View solution in original post

3 Replies
Marked as solution

Hey @booradleytron,

Thanks for reaching out about this in the Community!

Sorry to hear that you're not able to use the Spotify Desktop app on multiple laptops.

A possible part of the issue might be the OS you're currently running. Mojave is not the latest Mac OS available, and we really recommend using the latest possible OS release on all devices, as multiple OS issues and security gaps get fixed in newer versions.

I understand that it's not always possible to update your OS because of certain software.

So, since this is happening on multiple devices, can you try logging in with a different account on your Desktop app if you can load the Log-in screen at all?

If not possible, you can try to do the steps from Loxer's suggestion here or the Solution mentioned by the users in this thread.

Keep us posted on how you get on.

AlexModerator
If you appreciate an answer, maybe give it a Like.

Deleting the prefs file in the 2nd thread you linked worked! I was able to open the Desktop app for the first time in years!!!

Hi @booradleytron,

That's awesome! We're happy to hear that all looks good now. Good work!

The Community is always here if there's anything else you need assistance with.

Take care!

YordanModerator
If you appreciate an answer, maybe give it a "Like".

Suggested posts