Announcements

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

AppleTV Airplay shows a weird looping video

AppleTV Airplay shows a weird looping video

Whenever I play Spotify over Airplay to my AppleTV, a weird looping video appears with people running, dancing, listening to airbuds. It's vertical (portrait orientation) video, like it belongs on a phone rather than a TV.

I can't figure out how to disable it. My iOS device is *not* in "Airplay Mirroring" mode, where video from the device is sent to the display, so that's not it. I'm just using Spotify's normal Airplay mode.

How do I disable the weird video?

13 Replies

I still don't know why Spotify plays weird background video in Portrait mode during Airplay (I suspect this is Spotify co-opting your devices for future advertising inventory), I figured out a workaround:

1. Open the Spotify app and start playing a song. Don't connect to Airplay yet.

2. Stop the song

3. Lock your iOS device.

4. Press the Home or Lock button again to bring up the lock screen player.

5. Play the lock screen player, and use it to attach to Airplay.

You should see the album artwork normally.

I have the same issue. I think it's infuriating that Spotify shows ads when I'm streaming because I already paid for premium, especially so to not get exposed for commercials. 

Hey, this pisses me off too. Let me know how I can disable it. 

Still no solution. Thx Spotify!

This **bleep** is ridiculous. **bleep** you Spotify . Fix this shot immediately. I have been a subscriber since the beginning. Get this **bleep** fixed. It is totally unacceptable.

@scottburton wrote:

Whenever I play Spotify over Airplay to my AppleTV, a weird looping video appears with people running, dancing, listening to airbuds. It's vertical (portrait orientation) video, like it belongs on a phone rather than a TV.

I can't figure out how to disable it. My iOS device is *not* in "Airplay Mirroring" mode, where video from the device is sent to the display, so that's not it. I'm just using Spotify's normal Airplay mode.

How do I disable the weird video?

I will get Tidal or Apple Music if Spotify don’t fix this within the next few weeks.

Sad, cause I’ve been subscribing for 7 years.

Just had the same issue. Only seems to happen if pushing via AirPlay after initial login. Force-quitting Spotify and relaunching after already being logged in seemed to fix for me.

Helloooooo?  Spotify?  Anyone home?  Can someone help us out over here with this please?  Anyone?  This is total horse%$#t!!!  Fix it!

Is it Spotify or Apple?  I keep having trouble streaming airplay from Spotify to my Apple TV and I suspect that’s on purpose from Apple.  Now there are ads. If they’re from Apple that would achieve their goal of getting people pissed off at Spotify and moving to Apple’s music products. 

It is the Spotify video advertisement. Not Apple.

Sent using OWA for iPhone
This message is intended for the addressees only. It may contain personal, confidential or privileged information. No rights of confidentiality or to privilege have been, implicitly or expressly, waived by Ornge. Any review, copying, retransmittal, dissemination, taking of action or making an omission, or other oversight, in reliance on, or other use of the information in this communication by persons or entities other than the addressees is prohibited without the prior consent of Ornge. If you have received this message in error, please immediately reply to the sender by e-mail and delete or destroy all copies of this message without reading, copying or forwarding it to anyone.

SAME here. It’s pretty bad. Can I just watch the normal screensaver please...?

image.jpg

this is a bit ridiculous as we are paid subscribers on both sides.

My thoughts exactly... And probably the case unfortunately. I’m glad I’m not the only one cause it’s so annoying!! Really irritating, and it just started a few days ago for me... has never happened before. But it did stop when I force closed the app and reopened it like the one guy said above.

Suggested posts