Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Ford Fiesta 2012 USB

Ford Fiesta 2012 USB

Hi. I have a problem with my 2012 Fiesta Trend. When ı try to play spotify via usb port it starts the music and afer 0.02 second skips the song.İphone 5- ios 8- lastest spotify version- premium user.

Every 0.02 seconds the car or spotify skips song and ı not able to stop this. Can anyone help me to solve this problem ? Thanks.

37 Replies

I am also having an issue with my Ford Fiesta and AppLink. Before the 1.8.0 update it was working perfectly. After the update, I noticed the elapsed time will start to rubberband and eventually Sync will say that it has issue comminicating with Spotify. I can play music over Bluetooth audio just fine, so it seems like just an AppLink issue.

iPhone 5S. iOS 8.0.2. Ford Fiesta 2013.

I have the same problem. Very annoying...

Hey everyone!

This should be fixed with the release of our new app yesterday. 

Please make sure you're running the latest app version and let us know if you're still having trouble. 

___

New to the Community? Check out the Community newbie tips

Did I solve your problem? Click 'Accept As Solution' to help others find the answer!

Need Spotify help on Twitter? Head to @SpotifyCares

I updated yesterday and still have this problem?

Any comment from Spotify! I'd appreciate an update. Thanks

I did update my Spotify, though it still plays around a second of each song 😕 

Greg..., anyone? 

I can't see that Spotify have replied?????
I have loaded a second update & still the same problem. If no response soon I'll be cancelling my subscription. Hello Spotify are you there????

I have the exact same problem on 2014 Fiesta. When unplugged the offline play is working smoothly on my iphone 5, but when plugged in to cars usb and start an offline playlist it skips constantly. A single song workaround:  If i start to play the song with device unplugged and after 4-5 seconds into the song I plug it into the usb port then i can listen that song until it ends. When next song starts same skipping continues. Please fix this. Thank you!

Have exact same problem its incredibly annoying

Just wish spotify would respond!

Have anyone talked to Ford about this? Maybe its a Ford thing. I have other apps that does similar wierd things when using it in my Fiesta.

Not spoken to ford as pretty sure its Spotify, worked fine until I updated my phone. I've been emailing Spotify customer service & they suggested I try a AUX cable whilst they look into it. Has anyone tried an AUX cable?

Hi there got some information for your following our post. I have purchased a AUX cable and yes spotify works ok BUT......as soon as I also plug in the USB to charge my phone whilst I'm driving Spotify starts skipping tracks like before. Also, when using the UAX you need to control your music via the phone rather than the controls on the steering wheel which works when using the USB. I purchased the car 6 weeks ago and for the first week spotify worked perfectly via USB and then following an apple update I starting have all the problems.

I have the same issue. Never use to have any problems. But ever since about September 2014, when I play Spotify in my Ford Fiesta I get like 2 seconds on music then skips to next track. Would really like to hear from Spotify on this.

Hi, I've been emailing Spotify on support@spotify.com various emails between myself & David a senior customer advisor. Might be worth you emailing also as issue not resolved yet although the they are asking loads of questions!

Same problem but on my Galaxy Tablet. everything used to work fine, but now songs stop after 10-30 seconds. I've tried rebooting and uninstalling and reinstalling the app. Neither works.

Guys sadly the real problem is the ios8. İf you try on ios 7 the usb connection and spotify are works perfectly.

I am using iphone 6 plus(ios 8.3)
I have the latest version of spotify(3.3.01640)
And on my Ford Fiesta 2012, I have the same exact problem. Please advise. 

I have been told it's a ford / IOS problem & I should get a software update on my car. Haven't done it yet tho, not sure if it'll be a waste of £50. Apple, Ford & Spotify seem to be blaming each other.

Suggested posts