Announcements

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

AppleTV: Songs constantly pausing/skipping

AppleTV: Songs constantly pausing/skipping

Spotify on my AppleTV constantly pauses for a few seconds in every song, whether I'm streaming over Airplay or playing from the AppleTV app directly. Wondering if anyone else has this issue and knows how to fix it—rebooting my AppleTV didn't work, my internet is (currently) fine, and I don't have issues with any other streaming app.

53 Replies

Hey @kd86,

Thanks for posting here in the Community 🙂

The troubleshooting steps that you've tried so far are very good. We'd like to add a few more.

It's a good idea to give it a go and reinstall the app. It's also important to make sure that your Apple TV is updated to the latest version available.

Keep us in the loop! If you have questions, you know where to find us.

Ver Moderator
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate an answer, maybe give it a Like.
Are you new to the Community? Take a moment to introduce yourself!

Hi! Unfortunately none of those solutions worked. I can stream from my phone to Bluetooth speakers without issue, so I don't think it has anything to do with my internet either?

Hey there @kd86,

Thank you for your reply and confirmation.

Can you log in with another account - such as a friend's or a family member's to see if the issue persist?

It would also be great if you could restart your router.

Let us know how everything goes so that we can continue to assist you if you need us to. We're always one reply away 🙂

Cheers!

JeremyModerator
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Like.
Live, love, laugh and listen to music 🙂

just installed Spotify on Apple TV and having the same issue. I upgraded to Premium and the issue persists. Unfortunately there are no real options in the App to do anything.

Ideas?

Hi there @johngalt1234,

Thank you for your reply in this thread.

Can you check the following:

• Check your TV app store for any updates to the Spotify app
  • Check your TV's software is up-to-date
  • Restart the Spotify app
  • Restart your TV
  • Restart your Wi-Fi
  • Delete the Spotify app, then reinstall it onto your TV
  • If possible, try a different Wi-Fi connection

On another note, does this only occurs on your Apple TV or on different devices as well?

We'll keep an eye out for your reply.

Take care!

JeremyModerator
Live, love, laugh and listen to music 🙂

I've tried all these options and the issue persists, FYI.

Hi Jeremy,

I am new to Spotify this week and downloaded the App to AppleTV for the first time on Wed.

Premium account.

All is up-to-date.

AppleTV is plugged directly into the router, no Wi-Fi.

TV is recycled often.

I tested the same playlist/songs using the App on my Windows machine (Wi-Fi connected) and no pauses.

Logged into the App on AppleTV many times.

Thank you.

Hi folks!

Thanks for getting back to us.

@kd86, could you send us a video of the issue happening so we can take a closer look? Also, we'd like to know if this started happening after a specific event such as an update.

@johngalt1234, is this only happening with Spotify or with other streaming apps as well? Additionally, let us know if this happens while streaming over Airplay or playing from the AppleTV app directly. 

We'll be on the lookout for your replies.

EniModerator

“Music acts like a magic key, to which the most tightly closed heart opens.”– Maria von Trapp

Hi Eni,

We use YouTube and Pandora for music and have never had a problem with either one of them. Spotify is new to us. All three of these are "apps" in AppleTV. We have used AirPlay for other videos and never had a problem there either. Only with Spotify.

Last night I was watching the Spotify app for 10-12 songs. The pauses, 1-2 per song, were approx 4 seconds in length. Watching the counter was interesting. If the song was 3:25 in length and had two 4-second pauses, the left side counter would get to 3:25 and the song would take a few more seconds to complete.

Hope this helps.

Hi Eni,

Sure thing. Attached is a video of the issue happening. This has been going on the entire time I've used AppleTV and hasn't started with an update or any other occurrence.

Thanks!

Hey @johngalt1234 and @kd86

Thanks for all the info you've sent so far. 

Could you let us know the exact model and firmware version of your Apple TV? 

We'll keep an eye out for your replies.

EniModerator

“Music acts like a magic key, to which the most tightly closed heart opens.”– Maria von Trapp

Hi Eni,

Was tvOS 14.4 (18k802)

I just updated it to

tvOS 14.7 (18m60)

Played a song in Spotify

Song paused for 4-5 seconds after approx 25 seconds.

Hi Eni,

I'm using a 4K AppleTV running tvOS 14.7 (18M60).

Hope that helps!

Hi folks, 

Thank you for your reply with this info. 

We went ahead and reported this to the right team, who will look into it backstage. At the moment we're not able to provide you with a timeframe for a fix, but we can recommend keeping the app updated.

Let us know if we can help you with anything else.

Cheers.

MafeGModerator

Is there any update on this? I'm experiencing exactly the same issue, using Apple TV 4k (2nd generation) with the latest tvOS and Spotify version. 

Ours seems to have resolved somehow. Maybe an update. I lost track of this problem.

Hey @NoisyFlake,

Thanks for the post. We've received some reports that this issue has been resolved for multiple community members. Can you let us know the technical details like the model and OS version of your TV if you're still experiencing this.

@johngalt1234, glad to hear that things are working on your end again 🙂

Keep us posted.

AlexModerator

Yeah sure, as I said it's the Apple TV 4k 32GB (2nd generation, Model A2169), running tvOS 15.4.1. 

I don't have any other streaming problems, I can stream 4K movies from Netflix or Plex just fine without any buffering, so it's definitely not a bandwidth problem. The Apple TV is connected via Ethernet cable, Internet download speed is around 1 gigabit.

The weird thing is, I'm pretty sure that when I used the Spotify App on my Samsung TV (before I got the Apple TV), I had the same issue. So I'm not really sure what could be causing such a strange behavior on both devices.

Hey @NoisyFlake,

Thank you for keeping us updated.

Sorry to hear that is not fixed for you. To keep investigating this issue, it would also be great if you can have someone log in with their account on your device - such as a friend or a family member to see if it makes any difference or if the issue persists. This will help us understand if it could be account-related or not.

We'll be on the lookout.

OscarDCModerator

Suggested posts