Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

I cannot log in on my old iPad

I cannot log in on my old iPad

I found an old iPad that I want to use to log into my account, I can make sure the password and username are entered correctly, but no matter what I try it says "something went wrong, please try again later", my old iPad Can only run IOS10.3.4, so my Spotify can only run version 8.5.28. This version is the one that I can run the latest Spotify on, and I don't want to think that I can't use Spotify on my old iPad for that reason. I've reset my password and switched between different networks, but still can't log in. This is frustrating me!

Plan

Premium

Country
USA

Device

iPad 4

Operating System

iOS 10.3.4

My Question or Issue

5 Replies

why no official reply?

anybody there?

Hey @gobksowc2ci4ajxtwodi,

Welcome to the Spotify Community and sorry for the late response as we just came across this thread.

The logging issues could be related to different things. However, since you mentioned that your iPad runs iOS 10.3.4, it's possible that your issue is related to the OS and Spotify versions you're currently running. Keep in mind that the minimum OS requirement to ensure the apps' proper performance is 13 or above as mentioned in our Supported devices article.

To make sure of this, could you try logging your account with the new password on a different device to see if it makes any difference?

As an option, we'd recommend checking if the Web Player shows you the same error message. If it doesn't, you can keep using it since the app may not run properly.

Hope this clarifies things a bit. If you have any additional questions, don't hesitate to ask.

OscarDCModerator
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate an answer, maybe give it a Like.
Are you new to the Community? Take a moment to introduce yourself!

Thank you very much for your reply, I can confirm that my username and password can log in on WEB PLAYER. According to what you said, my ipad running IOS10.3.4 will not be able to use sotify anymore? When I downloaded Spotify, the APP Store displayed a supported spotify version, which made me very confused. Since this version is supported, why can't I log in with my username and password? I thought it was very unfriendly.

Hey @gobksowc2ci4ajxtwodi,

Thank you for keeping in contact.

The Spotify app is designed to be used in most of the devices. However, day by day all devices are getting software updates, new features and new functions. It's necessary for the app to continue updating with those devices to keep offering the best music experience.

In the cases when a device stops getting updates and the version of the app is not the current one, it's expected that some things may not work well and may affect the proper behavior of the app if it doesn't meet the minimum requirements mentioned previously.

But if the Web player works well for you, we'd recommend keeping using it instead of the regular app on that specific device to continue enjoying all your favorite music.

Hope this helps. If anything else comes up, the community will be here for you.

OscarDCModerator
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate an answer, maybe give it a Like.
Are you new to the Community? Take a moment to introduce yourself!

Suggested posts