Announcements
The Spotify Stars Program: Celebrating Values Week!

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Artist pages crash app on iphone

Solved!

Artist pages crash app on iphone

Some artists pages won't load on my iphone. I've noticed this with the Deerhunter page. Has anyone else encountered this problem? I have a premium subsription and recently updated the app. 

Accepted Solutions
Marked as solution

This problem now seems to have resolved itself for me. The only thing I did in the mean time was to use spotify on my macbook instead, but I'm not sure if that's relevant.

View solution in original post

13 Replies

Same here. Choosing something from local files or suggested playlists works fine but when I want to go to artist page the app crashes. 

I have a similar problem. Crash with all artist pages. Tried restart and clean install already.

iOS 10.2.1
Spotify 8.0.0.529

I am currently experiencing the same problem. I can access my whole library without a problem, however any artist's pages are causing the app to crash, through the search engine and through my library. I updated the app to version 8.0.0 on March 21.

Yes!! Every artist pages crashes the app. Very annoying! Started today.

Same problem here. Most artist pages crash immediately when trying to open them, regardless of whether it's from search, related artists, or my library.

I've tried restarting the phone, reinstalling the app, and restarting again, to no avail.

iPhone 6s

iOS version 10.2.1 (14D27)

Spotify Premium

App version 8.0.0.529

I'm having the same problem. iPhone 7 iOS 10.2.1
Tried reinstalling the app and restarting the phone already.
Marked as solution

This problem now seems to have resolved itself for me. The only thing I did in the mean time was to use spotify on my macbook instead, but I'm not sure if that's relevant.

Now I'm having this problem and I reinstalled and restarted my phone what's up with this Spotify? No error message or anything just immediately closes the app...

Me and my friend have the same problem

Addition: also on IPhone 6s and
app version: 8.4.9.721
And I'm premium if that matters.

I was just about to post about this. I am having the same issue as of 12:13 am In Los Angeles.

My iOS and Spotify are both updated to the latest versions. I'm on iPhone 6s Plus if that matters.

Music on playlists play fine, The crash occurs when I search for any artist and visit their page. The music cuts off and the app crashes.

I noticed earlier today that all my downloaded albums were no longer downloaded. This particular downloading issue has been happening over the last couple of months.

The app crash problem when visiting an artist' page just started as of today.

I'm having the same issue. Deleted the app, did a hard reset, nothing changes. Still crashing.

I Have the same problem on my Asus tab... Artist page crashes the app...

Any Solution t solve it?

Suggested posts