iOS (iPhone, iPad)

Get help with Spotify for iOS devices

Start a topic

Forum Posts

Lyrics not showing

Plan Premium Country Canada Device iPhone XR Operating System iOS 15.0.2 Spotify 8.6.80.1180 My Question or Issue Apparently everyone in the world got the lyrics with the update. Expect me. How do I fix this ? Or rather how will YOU fix this ?! Empti...

• Regular
  • VALKSPOP
  • 856 replies
  • 312 likes
  • 856 replies
  • 312 likes

Downloading music on Apple Watch

Hey folks!Here's a few tips & tricks to share about downloading music from Spotify on your Apple Watch! - If you're looking to get started, check this out! Not seeing the 'Download to Apple Watch'-button yet? Make sure your Spotify app is up-to-date ...

• Spotify Star
  • Spotify Star
  • Ver
  • 123 replies
  • 31 likes
  • 123 replies
  • 31 likes

Solved!! I have a different interface compared to my friends

Plan Premium Country Hong Kong Device iPhone XS Operating System iOS 13.1.3 My Question or Issue I have just start using Spotify and I realise my interface in artists is different from those of my friends. My friends have the number of liked songs un...

• n0hero
  • Casual Listener
  • 8 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 8 replies
  • 0 likes

Adding songs to queue

PlanPremiumCountryUkDeviceiPhone XROperating SystemiOS 12.1.4 When adding a song to the queue the last song I added doesn’t show when I move a song to the bottom of the queue the other song then appears and the one I moved disappears. There is also a...

• Plan Premium Country Uk Device iPhone XR Operating System iOS 12.1.4   When adding a song to the queue the last song I added doesn’t show when I move a song to the bottom of the queue t...
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes

Strange layout? Read this!

So, everyone! Spotify has suddenly decided to mess up the layout completely, we are missing a repeat button, our recents lists are gone, also the artist page is useless since the last update. Even worse, spotify has no customer service to reach out t...

• Music Fan
  • So, everyone!    Spotify has suddenly decided to mess up the layout completely, we are missing a repeat button, our recents lists are gone, also the artist page is useless since the last ...
  • Mjlark
  • Casual Listener
  • 2 replies
  • 4 likes
  • 2 replies
  • 4 likes

importing songs

PlanPremiumCountryUSADeviceiPad ProOperating SystemiOS 12 My Question or Issuebeen using Spotify for a few years now and I'm now updating my songs here on Spotify to use with Alexa. I have the songs imported but they are showing grayed out and others...

• Casual Listener
  • Plan Premium Country USA Device iPad Pro Operating System iOS 12   My Question or Issue been using Spotify for a few years now and I'm now updating my songs here on Spotify to use wit...
  • Nico
  • Community Legend
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

Why is this song not playing?

PlanPremiumCountryUSADevice(iPhone 5sOperating System(iOS 12.1.4 (the latest updat My Question or IssueThis song will not play for me. I tried uninstalling the app and reinstalling i but it still did not work. It’s doing me a real sad, friends. https...

• Plan Premium Country USA Device (iPhone 5s Operating System (iOS 12.1.4 (the latest updat   My Question or Issue This song will not play for me. I tried uninstalling the app and reinst...
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes

Can't see album duration on iOS app

Can't find album duration on ios app since the last upgrade of the app.

• Can't find album duration on ios app since the last upgrade of the app.
  • lilitu93
  • Music Fan
  • 1 replies
  • 1 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 1 likes

Alphabet Scrollbar missing

PlanPremiumCountrySpainDeviceIphone XOperating System(iOS 12 My Question or Issue Eversince I updated to the most recent version, the alphabet scrollbar that used to be on the right side of the “saved songs” playlist, now known as “liked songs” is go...

• Casual Listener
  •   Plan Premium Country Spain Device Iphone X Operating System (iOS 12   My Question or Issue   Eversince I updated to the most recent version, the alphabet scrollbar that u...
  • josedpb14
  • Casual Listener
  • 2 replies
  • 7 likes
  • 2 replies
  • 7 likes

No library in my account on iOS

PlanPremiumCountryUKDevice(iPhone X)Operating System(iOS 12.1.4) My Question or IssueHello!When I log in into my account from any iOS device I don't have my library.What could it be?When I login to my gf's account on the same devices it appears.To ex...

IMG_4738.PNG IMG_4739.PNG
  • Plan Premium Country UK Device (iPhone X) Operating System (iOS 12.1.4)   My Question or Issue Hello! When I log in into my account from any iOS device I don't have my library. What ...
  • Loxer
  • Spotify Star
  • 1 replies
  • 1 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 1 likes

ios app always freezing

so idk if this is an issue with anyone else but the spotify app on my phone is constantly freezing on me. if i suspend the app for even a second it will freeze and not respond at all. it usually starts responding after a few seconds to a few minutes ...

• Casual Listener
  • so idk if this is an issue with anyone else but the spotify app on my phone is constantly freezing on me. if i suspend the app for even a second it will freeze and not respond at all. it us...
  • Loxer
  • Spotify Star
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

List of Artists disappeared, and liked songs not grouped by Artist

You used to be able to see list of all artists whom you have liked a song. Now you can only see Artists who you have clicked 'following' Also, my liked songs are no longer grouped by Artist. You can only sort by date added or title. To be honest I'm ...

• You used to be able to see  list of all artists whom you have liked a song. Now you can only see Artists who you have clicked 'following'    Also, my liked songs are no longer groupe...
  • ledzep5
  • 3 replies
  • 18 likes
  • 3 replies
  • 18 likes

Deactivate recommended music

PlanPremiumCountryUSA Device(iPhone x, MacBook Pro late 2011)Operating System(iOS 11.4) My Question or IssueI’ve tried everything humanly possible and troubleshoot it everything to get rid of the recommended music on my playlist. I have over 50 songs...

• Not applicable
  • Plan Premium Country USA   Device (iPhone x, MacBook Pro late 2011) Operating System (iOS 11.4)   My Question or Issue I’ve tried everything humanly possible and troubleshoot it ...
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes

Spotify only showing full albums and the artist page instead of my saved artist whenever i'm online

PlanPremiumCountryEnglandDeviceIphone 7Operating System(iOS 12 My Question or IssueHi whenever I click on an album online it only shows the full album not the songs I have saved and whenever I click on the artist on my libary it takes me to the artis...

• Not applicable
  • Plan Premium Country England Device Iphone 7 Operating System (iOS 12   My Question or Issue Hi whenever I click on an album online it only shows the full album not the songs I have sa...
  • paulgag04
  • Casual Listener
  • 9 replies
  • 21 likes
  • 9 replies
  • 21 likes

Superuser Contribution What is the logic behind Shuffle Play button vs. just the Play button?

Since I mostly listen to whole albums, I almost never want to shuffle play. However I notice that at the top of a playlist, the big green button is sometimes Shuffle Play, and sometimes just Play. But it's ALWAYS Shuffle Play with albums, which I fin...

• Casual Listener
  • Since I mostly listen to whole albums, I almost never want to shuffle play. However I notice that at the top of a playlist, the big green button is sometimes Shuffle Play, and sometimes just Play. Bu...
  • MattSuda
  • Spotify Star
  • 6 replies
  • 7 likes
  • 6 replies
  • 7 likes

Solved!! weird app

PlanPremium (Family)CountryItalyDeviceiPhone 6 My Question or IssueI see a weird screen when i search songs and playlists, can I adjust it?

• Not applicable
  • Plan Premium (Family) Country Italy Device iPhone 6   My Question or Issue I see a weird screen when i search songs and playlists, can I adjust it?
  • Koningpaul
  • Music Fan
  • 2 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 2 replies
  • 0 likes

Recently Played list is taking me to artists' page, not saved songs

So the recently played list is my go-to when heading on to Spotify. Usually, when I go on to it and click on an artist, instead of taking me to all the saved/downloaded music I have of that artist it sends me to the artists' page instead. It is very ...

• Casual Listener
  • So the recently played list is my go-to when heading on to Spotify. Usually, when I go on to it and click on an artist, instead of taking me to all the saved/downloaded music I have of that artist it...
  • chazwik31
  • 7 replies
  • 18 likes
  • Recently played artist
  • 7 replies
  • 18 likes

Solved!!Superuser Contribution History on iOS

How do I view my listening history on iPhone? I noticed the option is not there. When I look in my desktop app, it only shows the history of the songs that played on the desktop.I heard some very cool songs that played after my playlist ended, but I ...

• Roadie
  • How do I view my listening history on iPhone? I noticed the option is not there. When I look in my desktop app, it only shows the history of the songs that played on the desktop. I heard some very c...
  • Jemster
  • 11 replies
  • 14 likes
  • 11 replies
  • 14 likes

Import audio books doesn't upload

Hi, on my macbook I added a local source to add some purchased mp3 files. They are paid and not ilegal. I added them to a playlist and activated dowloading. On my iPhoneX I can see the playlist and the playlist says the right number of files, but whe...

• Hi,   on my macbook I added a local source to add some purchased mp3 files. They are paid and not ilegal. I added them to a playlist and activated dowloading.   On my iPhoneX I can see ...
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes

Solved!!Superuser Contribution problems with GM infotainment system

The spotiy app in my GM truck doesnt work unless I disconnect my phone from bluetooth then the spotify app works but then I cant take or place calls through the trucks bluetooth feature. I have deleted and re installed both apps twice and it hasnt fi...

•   The spotiy app in my GM truck doesnt work unless I disconnect my phone from bluetooth then the spotify app works but then I cant take or place calls through the trucks bluetooth feature. I ha...
  • Peter
  • Spotify Legend
  • 5 replies
  • 1 likes
  • 5 replies
  • 1 likes

Scrub bar not working properly - iOS 12.1.4

My Question or IssueMy scrub bar doesn't appear to be working properly when skipping between tracks; the next song will appear to start half way through, or the full length of the song won't be displayed on the scrub bar. See video below (with sound)...

• Regular
  • My Question or Issue My scrub bar doesn't appear to be working properly when skipping between tracks; the next song will appear to start half way through, or the full length of the song won't be dis...
  • tweeters
  • Regular
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • progress bar
    scrubbing
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

Issue with recently played

Since yesterday every time I click an artist from my recently played list, it brings me to the artist's entire discography instead of just my saved songs. Is this part of a new update or a bug? Either way its extremely annoying and wanted to know if ...

• Casual Listener
  • Since yesterday every time I click an artist from my recently played list, it brings me to the artist's entire discography instead of just my saved songs. Is this part of a new update or a bug? Eithe...
  • Caville
  • Music Fan
  • 3 replies
  • 1 likes
  • 3 replies
  • 1 likes

Local files do not transfer to iphone

PlanPremiumCountryHong KongDeviceiphone SE/mac air late 2015Operating Systemios 12.1.2/os x 10.11.6 My Question or IssueI have a few mp3 files on a playlist that is set to download on both my mac and my phone. Recently (yesterday i think) it broke en...

• Plan Premium Country Hong Kong Device iphone SE/mac air late 2015 Operating System ios 12.1.2/os x 10.11.6   My Question or Issue I have a few mp3 files on a playlist that is set to ...
  • Nico
  • Community Legend
  • 1 replies
  • 1 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 1 likes