Premium

Country

Russia

Device

iPhone 6S

Operating System

iOS 13.6

My Question or Issue

Hi! I am a new user and may be I don't understand some things, but here is my problem. I added to the queue some of my personal playlists thus creating one very long queue. Then I entered to the queue, pressed at three dots at the upper right corner and turned on shuffle. But my songs didn't shuffle! Why? And how can I mix some of my personal playlists?

And one more question. How can I clear my queue? Deleting every song manualy one by one isn't option, because the queue is too long. When I click on any song from different playlist, it just adds to the top of my current queue and the queue itself doesn't switch to that new playlist.

Accepted Solutions
Marked as solution

Hey there @w1th_t33th,

Welcome to the Community! We're here to help.

When using the play queue feature you can queue up songs one after another to be played in that exact order. You can move the songs around manually, but you won't be able to shuffle them.  

If you want to shuffle play certain playlists and songs you can create a new playlist and add all the songs and albums to that playlist in order to use shuffle when listening.        

You can clear the play queue either by closing and reopening the Spotify app or by using the Clear option within the Play Queue tab.

Tip: This feature is only available on the desktop version.

Take a look here for more info on how the Play Queue and History features work.

Hope this helps. If you have more questions, don't hesitate to reach out again. 

View solution in original post

1 Reply
Marked as solution

Hey there @w1th_t33th,

Welcome to the Community! We're here to help.

When using the play queue feature you can queue up songs one after another to be played in that exact order. You can move the songs around manually, but you won't be able to shuffle them.  

If you want to shuffle play certain playlists and songs you can create a new playlist and add all the songs and albums to that playlist in order to use shuffle when listening.        

You can clear the play queue either by closing and reopening the Spotify app or by using the Clear option within the Play Queue tab.

Tip: This feature is only available on the desktop version.

Take a look here for more info on how the Play Queue and History features work.

Hope this helps. If you have more questions, don't hesitate to reach out again. 

Suggested posts