iOS (iPhone, iPad)

Get help with Spotify for iOS devices

Start a topic

Forum Posts

Lyrics not showing

Plan Premium Country Canada Device iPhone XR Operating System iOS 15.0.2 Spotify 8.6.80.1180 My Question or Issue Apparently everyone in the world got the lyrics with the update. Expect me. How do I fix this ? Or rather how will YOU fix this ?! Empti...

• Regular
  • VALKSPOP
  • 856 replies
  • 312 likes
  • 856 replies
  • 312 likes

Downloading music on Apple Watch

Hey folks!Here's a few tips & tricks to share about downloading music from Spotify on your Apple Watch! - If you're looking to get started, check this out! Not seeing the 'Download to Apple Watch'-button yet? Make sure your Spotify app is up-to-date ...

• Spotify Star
  • Spotify Star
  • Ver
  • 123 replies
  • 31 likes
  • 123 replies
  • 31 likes

Solved!! I have a different interface compared to my friends

Plan Premium Country Hong Kong Device iPhone XS Operating System iOS 13.1.3 My Question or Issue I have just start using Spotify and I realise my interface in artists is different from those of my friends. My friends have the number of liked songs un...

• n0hero
  • Casual Listener
  • 8 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 8 replies
  • 0 likes

Wrong song displayed

PlanPremiumCountryUnited KingdomDeviceiPhone 7 Operating SystemiOS 12.1.4 My Question or IssueWhen playing to a wireless speaker that has Spotify connect, if I skip to a specific song in the que the song display will not change on my phone. Only afte...

• Plan Premium Country United Kingdom Device iPhone 7   Operating System iOS 12.1.4   My Question or Issue When playing to a wireless speaker that has Spotify connect, if I sk...
  • mattemge
  • 3 replies
  • 2 likes
  • Wrong track information
  • 3 replies
  • 2 likes

Blocking artists

PlanPremiumCountryUnited KingdomDeviceiPhone XOperating SystemiOS 12.1.4 My Question or IssueWhy is there not a ‘block artist’ option for iPhones on Spotify. So annoying hearing artists whose music I hate in my playlists and there’s no way of blockin...

• Casual Listener
  • Plan Premium Country United Kingdom Device iPhone X Operating System iOS 12.1.4   My Question or Issue Why is there not a ‘block artist’ option for iPhones on Spotify. So annoying hear...
  • Loxer
  • Spotify Star
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • Android
    Block Songs and or Artist
    iOS 12
    iphone
    iphone x
    Samsung
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

Random Playlists Start Playing

Hello, so recently when ever I start one of my playlist (I have it one shuffle and repeat) and half way through the first song it switches to some random genre playlist that I don’t want. It always by Playlist Kings as well. my device - iPad (iOS)pla...

• Casual Listener
  • Hello,   so recently when ever I start one of my playlist (I have it one shuffle and repeat) and half way through the first song it switches to some random genre playlist that I don’t want. It...
  • urban_angel
  • Casual Listener
  • 2 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 2 replies
  • 0 likes

Solved!!Superuser Contribution Duplicate title on genre pages

On genre landing pages there are two titles, one on the title bar and one on the content (activity) page.

29593BAE-A911-4BF4-A919-D56FE60AB8A4.jpeg FECB5BA9-C9C4-4157-BF31-28761D87F707.jpeg
  • Composer
  • On genre landing pages there are two titles, one on the title bar and one on the content (activity) page.    
  • Peter
  • Spotify Legend
  • 3 replies
  • 0 likes
  • iOS
    Mobile
  • 3 replies
  • 0 likes

Spotify won’t load on the dash of my car

Hi, I’m hoping someone will have the answer to this - I have an 09 Mini Cooper which runs Spotify through a y cable - this has always worked fine expect the past 2 weeks or so, I am unable to cotrol spotify via the dash board. Spotify plays in my car...

• Casual Listener
  • Hi,   I’m hoping someone will have the answer to this - I have an 09 Mini Cooper which runs Spotify through a y cable - this has always worked fine expect the past 2 weeks or so, I am unable t...
  • HelenS2
  • Casual Listener
  • 3 replies
  • 1 likes
  • 3 replies
  • 1 likes

Cant stop song from playing!

Hi, I really need help!My Spotify keeps playing same song over and over. I cant stop it! When I choose another song it plays for ten seconds and then return to the same song!It happens om my iPhone and google chromecast...I’ve tried to delete app and...

• Hi, I really need help! My Spotify keeps playing same song over and over. I cant stop it! When I choose another song it plays for ten seconds and then return to the same song! It happens om my iPho...
  • Nico
  • Community Legend
  • 1 replies
  • 1 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 1 likes

Skipping songs doesn't work well in the 'Motivation Mix' playlist

Hi, Today I found an annoying issue in the ‘Motivation Mix’ playlist. When I’m shuffling or skipping songs in this playlist, doesn’t matter if it’s my iPhone, iPad or Mac, the songs won’t play at the time you pushed the next button. For instance, the...

• Hi,     Today I found an annoying issue in the ‘Motivation Mix’ playlist. When I’m shuffling or skipping songs in this playlist, doesn’t matter if it’s my iPhone, iPad or Mac, the song...
  • 0 replies
  • 1 likes
  • 0 replies
  • 1 likes

Superuser Contribution No button to save to library

I was playing my daily mix on my iPad and saw this really cool album that I really liked and added the whole library to my song order and the button to save to my library disappeared excluding the 3-dot menu. Though I have it on my iPhone in addition...

93EC5DDF-8548-4BD3-9361-591C88247F94.png
  • Composer
  • I was playing my daily mix on my iPad and saw this really cool album that I really liked and added the whole library to my song order and the button to save to my library disappeared excluding the 3-...
  • Jemi
  • Spotify Legend
  • 3 replies
  • 0 likes
  • iOS
    Mobile
  • 3 replies
  • 0 likes

Unable to view Length / Run-Time of Albums

Ever since the most recent iOS update, I can no longer see the run time / length of albums. Is it hiding somewhere else? Would be nice to see how long an album is so I can know whether or not I have time to listen to it uninterrupted...

• Regular
  • Ever since the most recent iOS update, I can no longer see the run time / length of albums. Is it hiding somewhere else?   Would be nice to see how long an album is so I can know whether or no...
  • Reubensangwich
  • Casual Listener
  • 1 replies
  • 7 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 7 likes

Only Saving One Song and Seeing All Songs From Album in the Album Library

PlanPremiumUnited States iPhone 7iOS 12.1.4 Recently, my Spotify Premium was updated to 8.4.97 and it is one of the worst upgrades that I have experienced in the app yet. I am typically very specific about the songs I save from an album to my library...

•   Plan Premium United States   iPhone 7 iOS 12.1.4   Recently, my Spotify Premium was updated to 8.4.97 and it is one of the worst upgrades that I have experienced in the app y...
  • austinperdomo30
  • Casual Listener
  • 4 replies
  • 21 likes
  • 4 replies
  • 21 likes

30 minutes of ad free listening isn’t working

I have an account on my IPhone X. The software is up to date (IOS 12.1.4). I’m not sure if this happens on all iPhones. When I start to Spotify I get the 30 minutes of free listening prompted. I usually get a 30 second ad. Normally on Spotify if I ig...

• Regular
  • I have an account on my IPhone X. The software is up to date (IOS 12.1.4). I’m not sure if this happens on all iPhones.   When I start to Spotify I get the 30 minutes of free listening pro...
  • Maykaz07
  • Regular
  • 2 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 2 replies
  • 0 likes

Solved!!Superuser Contribution White large buttons have fuzzy corners after 8.4.98.741

After the 8.4.98.741 update on Spotify’s iOS clients (iPad and iPhone both) the large white button style started having fuzzy corners, unlike other buttons, they aren’t completely round. Screenshots:

693A3E4F-E32E-403B-94EE-BB488DB01BBA.jpeg 227B90C4-785D-4481-BB53-EC10F0F20CA7.jpeg 9BA23527-0A7A-46FC-937D-0EA64DD86B3F.jpeg
  • Composer
  • After the 8.4.98.741 update on Spotify’s iOS clients (iPad and iPhone both) the large white button style started having fuzzy corners, unlike other buttons, they aren’t completely round.  ...
  • Loxer
  • Spotify Star
  • 10 replies
  • 0 likes
  • iOS
    Mobile
  • 10 replies
  • 0 likes

Solved!! Local Files

PremiumIOS 12.1.4iPad Pro, iPhone X, MacBook (High Sierra) Hi I'm going around in circles and getting nowhere. Searching for help usually gets you totally unhelpful advice from 2012. Anyway, I have been trying to get my Local Files onto my iPhone/iPa...

• Casual Listener
  • Premium IOS 12.1.4 iPad Pro, iPhone X, MacBook (High Sierra)   Hi   I'm going around in circles and getting nowhere. Searching for help usually gets you totally unhelpful advice from ...
  • paulrgmusic
  • Casual Listener
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

Nothing loads in my app

PlanPremiumCountryVenezuela (USA account)DeviceiOs 5SOperating SystemiOs 12.4.1 My Question or Issue Two months ago, my iOs app started not letting me search any songs in the search bar, reaching to the point where I can only add songs to my playlist...

• Casual Listener
  • Plan Premium Country Venezuela (USA account) Device iOs 5S Operating System iOs 12.4.1   My Question or Issue   Two months ago, my iOs app started not letting me search any songs...
  • MattSuda
  • Spotify Star
  • 2 replies
  • 1 likes
  • Loading problems
    Search failure
  • 2 replies
  • 1 likes

What happened to my library?

Plan/PremiumCountryUSADeviceiPhone 7Operating SystemiOS 12.1.4 My Question or IssueWhat happened to Spotify?!?!?I can’t go through my library!! It’s all in ONE giant playlist called “liked songs”? Terrible. They removed the alphabetical searching bar...

•   Plan /Premium Country USA Device iPhone 7 Operating System iOS 12.1.4   My Question or Issue What happened to Spotify?!?!? I can’t go through my library!! It’s all in ONE g...
  • 0 replies
  • 5 likes
  • 0 replies
  • 5 likes

Spotify’s new UI sucks!!!

PlanPremium Country: United States of America DeviceiPhone XS Max Operating SystemiOS 12.1.4 So now that Spotify decided to update some users to their new UI they’ve ruined Spotify for many of us! They removed the alphabetical searching bar that was ...

• Casual Listener
  • Plan Premium   Country: United States of America    Device iPhone XS Max    Operating System iOS 12.1.4   So now that Spotify decided to update some users t...
  • sarahhammy4
  • 4 replies
  • 8 likes
  • 4 replies
  • 8 likes

Solved!!Superuser Contribution Recently Played artists and albums no longer work in offline mode

PlanPremiumCountryUnited StatesDeviceiPhone 8 PlusOperating SystemiOS 12.1.4 My Question or IssueStarting yesterday or so (3/21/18), picking downloaded artists and albums from the "Recently Played" section while in offline mode (or without an Interne...

• Casual Listener
  • Plan Premium Country United States Device iPhone 8 Plus Operating System iOS 12.1.4   My Question or Issue Starting yesterday or so (3/21/18), picking downloaded artists and albums fro...
  • Peter
  • Spotify Legend
  • 3 replies
  • 2 likes
  • 3 replies
  • 2 likes

Podcast Order

I have submited a podcast and when I select to view it newest to oldest it show it oldest to newest and vice versa. I can see other podcasts do not do this. Why is mine?

• I have submited a podcast and when I select to view it newest to oldest it show it oldest to newest and vice versa. I can see other podcasts do not do this. Why is mine?
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes

No Library anymore

I’m very disappointed on what spotify has done in this last update. They literally erased the library, it’s none existant, now spotify is an app for playlists, you can’t save songs and have a library with them in it, you can’t look for the artists of...

• Casual Listener
  • I’m very disappointed on what spotify has done in this last update.   They literally erased the library, it’s none existant, now spotify is an app for playlists, you can’t save songs and have ...
  • 0 replies
  • 8 likes
  • 0 replies
  • 8 likes

Adding songs to queue

PlanPremiumCountryUkDeviceiPhone XROperating SystemiOS 12.1.4 When adding a song to the queue the last song I added doesn’t show when I move a song to the bottom of the queue the other song then appears and the one I moved disappears. There is also a...

• Plan Premium Country Uk Device iPhone XR Operating System iOS 12.1.4   When adding a song to the queue the last song I added doesn’t show when I move a song to the bottom of the queue t...
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes