Premium Duo 

Country

USA 

Device

(iPhone Xr & IPhone 6s)

Operating System

(iOS 14.3 & 13.7 respectively)

My Question or Issue

Autoplay has stopped working when the end of an album or song has been reached.

I can get it to work again by turning off auto play in the settings, quitting the app, opening the app, turning auto play back on.... but then it will stop working again shortly thereafter.

This started happening a few weeks ago, not sure if there was an update that did it.

Happening on both me and my wife's account on iPhones, which are connected via Duo subscription.

Reinstalling the app doesn't fix.

I am not experiencing the problem on the OS X application using the same account.

3 Replies

Hey @CountDooku

Thanks for posting - we’re here to help!        

It's a good idea to try a clean reinstall if the Autoplay option still doesn't work as expected. This is different than a simple reinstall in terms of removing old corrupted data that could be causing the issue.  

In case this persists for both accounts after the clean reinstall, make sure no battery optimization settings or data cleaning apps run active on the mobile devices. Such features can often prevent the app from operating at full capacity. We also suggest accessing the app settings and making sure all Permissions are enabled for Spotify. 

Let us know how you get on! We'll be here in case you need any further help with this.

Thanks for your help. 

I did the clean reinstall and the problem persisted, but then I discovered the real issue:

I only have problems with auto play when connected via AirPlay 2 to my Denon AVR and Home 250 via a Group in the HEOS app.

Auto play works in all other situations, including AirPlay 2 groups. It’s just when grouped via the Heos app that I get problems. 

Does this sound like an issue I’d need to report to Denon?

Hi @CountDooku

Thanks for getting back to us. 

In this case, we'd recommend reaching out to Denon for further assistance regarding these specific devices. 

If anything else comes up, we're just one message away. 

Have a nice day.

NovyModerator
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate an answer, maybe give it a "Like".
Are you new to the Community? Take a moment to introduce yourself!

Suggested posts