Announcements

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

BUG: Scroll and select issues with "Songs" list iOS app

Solved!

BUG: Scroll and select issues with "Songs" list iOS app

UPDATE AUG 1 2015: Looks like the July 29 update fixed this bug! 🙂 AWESOME!!

When selecting a song from the "Songs" list, large grey boxes separate the songs according to first letter of the first word of the songs. These grey boxes seem to be messing with the song selection function. It's a bit hard to explain, but I'll do my best:

When you select one song from the "Songs" list, Spotify will, in stead, play a song listed above/before the song you selected. For instance, if the list of songs goes...

When You're Older

Jenny Mayhen - Keep The Fire

Whenever, Wherever

Shakira - Laundry Service

Where Are We Runnin'?

Lenny Kravitz - Baptism

...and you select "Where Are We Runnin'?", Spotify will play "When You're Older." I've included a screenshot for a visual example as well. In the screenshot, you can see that the song that's selected and the song that's playing at the bottom of the screen are two different songs, as well as the grey boxes in the list.

I am not experiencing this issue in any other sections of the app ("Playlists", "Albums", "Artists", "Recently Played"). I do not think I am experiencing this with the Mac OS computer app, either.

Currently running Spotify version 3.5.0.1069 (up to date). iOS 8.4 (up to date).

If you need any more information, please let me know.

Spotify Screenshot.jpg

Accepted Solutions
Marked as solution

The July 29th update fixed the bug. YAAAY!! Go Spotify developer team!!!!

View solution in original post

6 Replies

Any Fixes yet? 

Having the same annoying isue, i have deleted the app, clear cache and reinstalling and still have the same problem.

Yeah I'm having the same issue too. Not sure if it's iOS related or our fellow Android users are experiencing this too

I'm having the same problem, but for some reason everything was fine when I ordered my songs by "recently added" and not by "title"...

Same... but its annoying to find a song
Marked as solution

The July 29th update fixed the bug. YAAAY!! Go Spotify developer team!!!!

Suggested posts