Premium

Country

United States

Device

iPhone XS

Operating System

iOS 13.6.1

My Question or Issue

When playing a song, sometimes the background color in the player, which is supposed to mirror a color from the album's cover art, doesn't load. This doesn't happen all the time, and it seems quite random, so it's hard for me to try and pinpoint what may be causing this. I've attached two screenshots. The first is what I experience when playing a song, and the second is what it should look like normally. I usually have to close and reopen the app to get the background color to display properly. I've also noticed that this especially happens when I search up a song through the search tab.

IMG_0150.jpgIMG_0151.jpg

3 Replies

Hi there!

I know it sounds simple, but it's often overlooked. Could you try restarting your device? Does it help if you minimize and maximize again the Now Playing Screen?

If that doesn't help, try a quick clean reinstall of the app. Just follow these steps.

Keep me posted 🙂

Hi! Thank you for your reply!

I've tried restarting my device and I've tried doing a clean reinstall of the app, but the issue still persists. And it doesn't help if I minimize then maximize the Now Playing Screen.

Hey @NICKMSMSMSM,

Thank you for replying.

Could you try this with a different account to see if that helps?

Try using the Sign Out Everywhere option from your Spotify account as well.

Does it help if you try to minimize halfway and maximize again, or if you try to change the song (without doing so) by sliding the album artwork to the left then putting it back in position?

Let me know how that goes 🙂

Suggested posts