Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Beta Equalizer ?

Solved!

Beta Equalizer ?

I was cleaning my iphone today (just rubbing it over) while spotify was open and somehow brought up an equalizer, allowing at least 7 or 8 frequency adjustments.

For the life of me, i have no idea what i did, or what gesture brought it up, it was on the track play page. It was very simple, as if it was a beta feature. It was definitly working tho, as it was playing through my car audio at the time, so could clearly hear the difference adjusting the eq made, however when I closed it, couldn't bring it up again.

Anyone else manage to bring this up?

Running IOS6.01 iPhone 5 with spotify v0.5.8

116 Replies

I hope they put the equaliser back on. I nearly wore an 'e' shaped hole in my iphone screen earlier.

Is it possible to downgrade spotify version? It sounds like crap without equalizer

I'm afraid there is no way to downgrade, however are you sure it has been removed? What if the way to access it has just changed...

Liam

Please put the EQ back in!

I was so happy when I discovered it, and now I really really miss it ๐Ÿ˜•

Be sure to add your kudos to the main topic over on the Ideas Exchange if you would like to see this implemented fully.

Peter

Peter
Spotify Community Mentor and Troubleshooter

Spotify Last.FM Twitter LinkedIn Meet Peter Rock Star Jam 2014

If this post was helpful, please add kudos below!

Thanks, done! ๐Ÿ™‚

Please please please please please bring back the EQ!!!!!!!

Music is so important to me and the hidden EQ was wonderful!!!

Bring it back!!!!!!!

This is really annoying, for quite a while I stopped subscribing to Spotify, on the sole basis that it just didn't sound good enough through headphones on my Ipod/Iphone. The Equalizer, when I heard about it, brought me back to Premium, and now its gone. For ยฃ10 a month, this should be a high priority, listener satisfaction. Surely leaving the Beta equalizer in builds would be harming no one, and that would just mean it was up to the user to decide if they feel it is usable, until something more perminant came along?

I agree with you, but that's the company's choice, the best we can do is add kudos to the suggestion.

"Stunned that anyone found it at all.." Come one, the internet is full with comments on EQ missing in Spotify since the very beginning of Spotify. No one ca tell it was unknown issue. More and more people became aware of this hidden function incl You Tube videos published. The issue is the motivation of Spotify not to listen to his customers demanding this function, then being happy with this open secret function and finaly to remove it on purpose. what is the purpose, what the reason to do without any comment or explanation? To me this is arrogant and stupid, I winder about the product manager at Spotify. or is there anyone at all? Whatever. bring the EQ back either as it was or like an EQ like Elephancy. BTW on their webside Spotify has posted a positve recension expressing that this is the fuction they would/ could implement. Now I am curious whether Spotify does listen to their customers. Peter

Hi

First post - never felt strongly enough to post before. But taking away the beta EQ is a terrible terrible decision. Why would you do that? You KNOW people are desperate for an equalizer, and in the interim before you release a proper one your CUSTOMERS (remember them?) were happy with the beta. There must be some other reason we're not aware of-why on earth else would you decide to remove it? I'd love an answer, or at least a date when when can get an EQ or beta back. Will I get an answer?. No. Will you get any more of my money? No.

Completely agree. I have a pair of AKG K551s and they're great through Itunes but terrible with Spotify. We really need this equalizer.

I was told by Spotify that it was causing problems for some users. I'd like to know what problems? Unless people kept drawing triangles for no reason. I should never have updated the app. I'm totally gutted!!!

I wonder whether no one else but me has ever made a back up of his apps on the PC. I have made a roll back via my PC and will not make an application anymore until the bright brains of Spotify will have listened to their customers and repaiee this bluddy mistake.

I agree also!

I have a fine pair of Sennheiser IE8i Earphones.  I cannot enjoy them with spotify and will have to quit if there will be no correction.

๐Ÿ˜ž

I've decided to invest in some Fanny Wang 3003 headphones with bass boost function to deal with the problem... I was left with no choice as I rely heavily on Spotify's music library... SPOTIFY SHOULD REFUND ME THE ยฃ231 I've just spent!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Grrr

This really needs to be brought back. I can't enjoy my new headphones without an equalizer. Please spotify, bring this feature back.

Bring it back !!! Or I'll cancel subscription and switch to an other app !

Any idea how to bring up the EQ in the latest version of Spotify on an iPhone?

@SandyKervin wrote:

Any idea how to bring up the EQ in the latest version of Spotify on an iPhone?

There is no EQ in the most recent release, it was remove a few versions back since it was never meant to be in the release in the first place. Hopefully it can return in a future release. 

Peter

Peter
Spotify Community Mentor and Troubleshooter

Spotify Last.FM Twitter LinkedIn Meet Peter Rock Star Jam 2014

If this post was helpful, please add kudos below!

Suggested posts