Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Beta Equalizer ?

Solved!

Beta Equalizer ?

I was cleaning my iphone today (just rubbing it over) while spotify was open and somehow brought up an equalizer, allowing at least 7 or 8 frequency adjustments.

For the life of me, i have no idea what i did, or what gesture brought it up, it was on the track play page. It was very simple, as if it was a beta feature. It was definitly working tho, as it was playing through my car audio at the time, so could clearly hear the difference adjusting the eq made, however when I closed it, couldn't bring it up again.

Anyone else manage to bring this up?

Running IOS6.01 iPhone 5 with spotify v0.5.8

116 Replies

Any updates on this? I'd love to hear if you're actually working on bringing this back.

With a couple of chiuffie music is not enjoyable to 100%.
The iphone application must be implemented with an equalizer that allows the customization of the sound.
The application implements a fundamental Tunigo euqalizzatore style iOS, in this way is already a little better.
Please enter this feature.

Bloody hell, how this could be?! I pay for the premium service  $11 per month and don't have EQ feature?!?!?!

Even WinAMP in 1997 had it.

What a SHAME on BDM

There seems to be a Workaround: Check "Tunigo". This Music search Support has been acquired by Spotify and they are going to integrate it into their music player. For now you can download the Spotify playlist via Tunigo and use the EQ in settings. It seems as if this is the Apple EQ. If this is the case then the .ogg issue high power consumption would be solved as well.

There seems to be a Workaround: Check "Tunigo". This Music search Support has been acquired by Spotify and they are going to integrate it into their music player. For now you can download the Spotify playlist via Tunigo and use the EQ in settings. It seems as if this is the Apple EQ. If this is the case then the .ogg issue high power consumption would be solved as well.

That's actually a lot better than nothing!

Would prefer to have a parametric EQ, but Tunigo will do the trick while I wait for Spotify to fix this

Thanks a lot man! ๐Ÿ™‚ 

Yeah I miss it , I know it was kinda aggravating getting to it , but it was worth it , need it back bad !

If I would have known the outcome , I would have never updated it myself , freaking sucks !

Any progress on this Spotify?   A month or two is understandable, but we're coming up on a YEAR and $119 of my money and you still haven't given us this promised feature.  That you had already given us, and then took away.

Please implement this ASAP.

It's so annoying not being able to eq my large headphone collection.

EQ in the near future? its been over 5 months... just give us some sort of answer please.

/

Run1e

Well the Tunigo EQ only offers sound-presets and no individual settings. BTW the app is not for iPad ( iPhone only) and doesn't supprt landscape mode. Not the solution I would be enthusiastic about, but thanks for the hint anyway!

Please, could we have an update? ๐Ÿ˜•

I have a hearing impairment -- would love to have this feature back. Made listening to music so much nicer as I was able to partially compensate for the frequencies in which I cannot hear.

Come on guys, how long do we have to wait!! Bring it back!!!

We really want an EQ, how difficult can it be?

^^^ Since they already had it in the previous version, why did they remove it... It's just like removing a good feature on the app, which is really stupid in my opinion.

I got spotify premium thinking that the "trick" still works, and turns out it doesn't -___- waste of money. I guess I should wait until they come up with the equalizer and then get premium so I can put it to use haha

Tunigo is the answer.Nice clean interface.Recommendations.My playlists and Equalisation (and news,can you believe it!)..Thanx spotify for being progressive and proactive in updating and improving things with each update and acquisition..Gotta go now and discover new music ๐Ÿ™‚

Though Tunigo is great to discover new music, it is not the answer for the need of an EQ. Yes, Tunigo has an inbuild EQ, but only with fixed presets. And none of those presets meet my requirements.

I want to use my Iphone for music on my stereo set, in my car, on my airplay speaker and with on ear and in ear headphones. The last three haven't got sound adjusments. So, I need a real parametric EQ, wich I can adjust the way I like it. And it would be great if I could save some personal presets.

please...

I'm sick and tried of getting update after update and still no equalizer. As another poster said, why would a developer REMOVE a feature from their app????

The Android app has an equalizer built in, and it also has the Browse feature. IOS users are paying the same subscription and getting an inferior service. As soon as Google Play Music come out with their IOS app I will seriously consider switching.

Suggested posts