Announcements
The Spotify Stars Program: Celebrating Values Week!

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Beta Equalizer ?

Solved!

Beta Equalizer ?

I was cleaning my iphone today (just rubbing it over) while spotify was open and somehow brought up an equalizer, allowing at least 7 or 8 frequency adjustments.

For the life of me, i have no idea what i did, or what gesture brought it up, it was on the track play page. It was very simple, as if it was a beta feature. It was definitly working tho, as it was playing through my car audio at the time, so could clearly hear the difference adjusting the eq made, however when I closed it, couldn't bring it up again.

Anyone else manage to bring this up?

Running IOS6.01 iPhone 5 with spotify v0.5.8

116 Replies

So, Tunigo doesnt work anymore and was just removed from the AppStore, we need a bloody equalizer now, im on the verge of trading my iPhone 4S for a android phone just because of the equalizer

Hey guys.  A new app just came out for iOS named SpotEQ.

It seems pretty legit, maybe you should check it out.

Omg finally! 😄 great app, thanks for the tip

About darn time.

Too bad i switched out my worthless iPhone for a high-end Android device instead, best decision ive made.

GREAT!!!! Finaly the iOS community has got the solution >

@Zodiam wrote:

About darn time.

Too bad i switched out my worthless iPhone for a high-end Android device instead, best decision ive made.

1800 kudos voted for. Zack did a real great job offering the SpotEQ app. Each single penny worth to spend for. Honestly, I am absolutely happy with this solution. From my side we can close this topic on Spotify now.

I've just bought and downloaded the app but its not working on my iPhone5.

The search button doesnt work, nor will it play any of my playlists, rendering the app useless so far.

So until Zack fixes these bugs its a waste of the $2.99 he's charging for it. 

...update to my issue above:

The SpotEQ app should be in Offline Mode (Settings -> Playback -> Offline Mode). If SpotEQ is in Offline Mode, only tracks that have been synced inside SpotEQ are playable and the search function won't work.

So switching to Online Mode resolves this issue.

Thank you to Zack (the app developer) for troubleshooting this with me. 

Marked as solution

I'm very happy to announce that the equalizer made it into the 1.5.0 release, available for everyone now in the App Store 🙂 please update to the latest client and go into Settings -> Playback -> Equalizer and enjoy! 🙂 Hope you all like it!

@Bengan great to see the new eq!
Meet Jeremy! | Day Entrepreneur, Night, Music Fanatic
I'm here to shuffle!

• Write what matters in your heart to others, you never know whether you have another chance again.

its funny, I was thinking about the equalizer last week and was about to come back on this board to inquire about it.  it was like almost ayear maybe since I last asked the question.  i was pleasantly surprised when I notced on the last update yesterday they added the equalizer.   So far so good.  

now I have a new question. Does this overrides the iphone native equalizer? Or  it adds to the iphones own equalizer?   I hope my question is making sense to you

@Foxxstory iPhone's native equalizer only work for the native's iOS Music app - thats why you realise that the Equalizer is under the "Music" option in the Settings.

Similarly, Spotify's EQ work only on the Spotify app only.
Meet Jeremy! | Day Entrepreneur, Night, Music Fanatic
I'm here to shuffle!

• Write what matters in your heart to others, you never know whether you have another chance again.

Got it, makes sense.    Thanks!

Settings > playback > equaliser 🙂 bingo you're welcome

No worries, running Android now and finding a equalizer is not exactly a
problem anymore.

Marked as solution

The EQ works very nice. Now I'd like it to be easier to acces. E.g. by placing a button on the album screen. I use spotify on several devices that need different EQ-settings. Is there a thread yet for this request? I didn't find it.

Marked as solution

@Usnightfox wrote:
Settings > playback > equaliser 🙂 bingo you're welcome

USnightfox.. I would say thank you.. but you were 3 years too late and everyone knows this by now.
My original question was about the BETA version waaaaaaaaaaaaaay before it was found in the settings.

I have this feature on chromebook, but not on my tablet. And you said for EVERYONE.

Im basicly experiencing an ab test that is device specific.

Suggested posts