Premium

Country

Australia

Device

iPhone 12

Operating System

iOS 14

My Question or Issue

My Only You includes everything except for the Audio Birth Chart. I have tried logging out and back in, uninstalling the app and logging in on different devices but nothing seems to fix the issue.

Top Answer
Ivan
Spotify Legend

Hey @Child1shSambino

Thanks for posting on the Community about this.

To get the Audio Birth Chart you need to have made a new discovery of an artist in the last 6 months, which also involved streaming multiple tracks by the recently discovered artist.

If you didn't have a recent discovery the app couldn't pick artists to build the chart, as most likely the required stream counts haven't been reached, or no specific artists have differentiated themselves from other new artists you've listened to. Another possible reason is that the feature isn't currently available for all regions. 

Hope this helps. Let us know if you have any questions. 
20 Replies

Hey @Child1shSambino

Thanks for posting on the Community about this.

To get the Audio Birth Chart you need to have made a new discovery of an artist in the last 6 months, which also involved streaming multiple tracks by the recently discovered artist.

If you didn't have a recent discovery the app couldn't pick artists to build the chart, as most likely the required stream counts haven't been reached, or no specific artists have differentiated themselves from other new artists you've listened to. Another possible reason is that the feature isn't currently available for all regions. 

Hope this helps. Let us know if you have any questions. 

Definitely fit all the criteria but birth chart still not showing..frustrated;(

Hi! I also am having this issue, yet I know it’s not because I haven’t found any new artists because I started listening to girl in red a week ago for the first time and have since then listened to over eight songs and saved five, I’ve even added some to playlists. I’m also in the US so I know it’s not a region issue, my app is up to date and I have also logged out and signed in multiple times, the only thing I haven’t done is uninstall and reinstall the app on my phone. Do you have any idea what else it could be? Because none of those explanations fit my experience, and I really really want to have this feature! Appreciate your time, thank you!

Hey folks,

Thanks for your replies.

We're sorry to hear you didn't get that Only You card. Also take into account that streams while in private session aren't considered for the Only You cards. At Spotify, we always strive to improve and deliver the best experiences. We appreciate you taking the time to share your feedback, and we hope you're eligible next time.

The Community is here in case you need anything else.

CarlosEModerator

Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Like.

Thanks for your reply, but the issue isn't with listening in private session nor with having not  discovered enough artists, since I get varied daily mixes that include my discoveries, all the other mixes included in 'Only You' are available to me

Hi there @belljars,

Thank you for your reply.

Can you log in on a different device - such as a friend's or a family member's to see if the issue persist?

It would also be great if you can let us know which version of the app you have?

We'll keep an eye out for your reply.

Cheers!

JeremyModerator
Live, love, laugh and listen to music 🙂

This sucks! I have been an avid Spotify user (premium) for nearly a decade. By that I mean I listen ALL day most days. I have definitely discovered new artists in the last 6 months. Meanwhile, husband barely uses Spotify and got his birth chart. Can this be fixed?! I love the “wrapped” sort of things! I want my full “only you”!

Hi there @Nat22nat,

Thank you for your post here in this thread.

Can you confirm what troubleshooting you've done so far so that we can help you in the best way?

We'll keep an eye out for your reply.

Cheers!

JeremyModerator

I appreciate the response but I’ve never turned on a private listening session before and just to make sure it wasn’t on I went and checked and it’s definitely off. I’ve now deleted and reinstalled the app and that hasn’t worked either. None of the explanations for why I haven’t gotten the spotify birth chart match my experience. I’ve also signed in on a different phone and the birth chart wasn’t on my account then either. I really hope we can fix this, as a loyal premium customer for five years I super look forward to any “spotify wrapped” or “for you” kind of things and I so badly want to participate!

Hi there @cutecrybaby,

Thank you for your reply and for your confirmation.

It does seems like you're ineligible for this feature.

Let us know if we can help you with anything else.

Take care!

JeremyModerator

I'm not a premium user
I have Spotify Lite 1.7.20.47 on my phone
I recently updated the desktop app to 1.1.60.672.g6ad9c215-a
I searched it on the web player too, to no avail. 

Hey there @belljars

Thanks for getting back to us. 

Keep in mind that if you're still unable to see the story, it looks like you're not eligible for the Audio Birth Chart. 

The Community will be here for you if anything else comes up. 

Take care.

NovyModerator
If you appreciate an answer, maybe give it a "Like".
Are you new to the Community? Take a moment to introduce yourself!

Could you tell me why I’m ineligible? Because as far as everything everyone is saying I’ve done everything right. Is this something I can fix? Thank you for you time!

I'd like to know the same in regards to my situation as well.

Hi again folks, 

Thanks for your replies.

Keep in mind that the algorithms used are complex and require sufficient data to create your stories. For the horoscope stories in particular, the app needs to differentiate intentional vs. sporadic listening to find specific artists that match the criteria.

What is considered a discovery and what isn't relies on many factors, of which we can't go into detail, but does involve repeated, intentional listening, like checking out albums, etc. This is one of the more tricky ones to generate, so depending on the usage, we might not be able to create it for your specific scenario.

Even if this is the case, we hope that you enjoyed this little extra and that it has not detracted from your music listening experience.

Have a good one.

NovyModerator

Okay this I completely understand. Though I have done what you’ve said and intentionally listened to a new artist I understand the algorithm is complicated and I definitely understand you guys are not at fault. My question is if this is something I can fix? If I listen enough to a new artists will the algorithm pick that up and give me my birth chart or am I just completely out of luck and it is what it is? Would it be fruitful for me to go to customer support and try to fix this on a 1 on 1 basis? Please let me know, thank you!!

Hey @cutecrybaby

Thanks for getting back to us. 

Since the horoscope stories did not appear for you, it won't be possible to have them. 

We apologize for any inconvenience and appreciate your comments a lot. 

Take care 🙂

NovyModerator

the algorithm for this is not actually that complex, this is a bug and you're being intentionally opaque about it

I’m a Spotify premium user and I can’t find the birth chart feature in the Only You section, just the mixes.

Suggested posts