Announcements

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Browsing Wilco - A Ghost is Born is incorrect on iPhone, correct on computer

Browsing Wilco - A Ghost is Born is incorrect on iPhone, correct on computer

If I view the album A Ghost Is Born on the phone, it displays an imcomplete track listning - even lists b-sides like Panthers that aren't available on the computer. On the computer it brings up the complete album. If i search the album on the web, and click a web link to take me to the album, it takes me to the correct listing on the phone.

4 Replies

Same problem here.  I have a song from that album on a playlist though, and if I swipe and then click on the album link, it takes me to the correct tracklisting.  So I'm not sure why the incorrect tracklist shows up only if you search for the album.

Yeah this is the product of the same issue that I reported before, but there seems to be no traction on it.  This happens when you browse albums from the Artist Page only.  Any album with multiple entries (has the down arrow next to it in the desktop app) the iOS app will only show whatever is the "first entry" (most of the time) or some random one and in this case it is a random one.  Just go on the Wilco page on the desktop app and go down to the 3rd entry and you will see this one.

David - can you please respond on this?  If the iOS app is fixed to show all versions of the same album that would really be my last complaint at the moment - it really ruins discovery when you are browsing related artists.  Can you at least acknowledge it is a problem?  It is SO EASILY reproducable.

I can go ahead and acknlowdge you may indeed see the tracks appear this way on iOS.  I'm in a slightly different vantage point because I'm usually on Android, as well as at the particular moment.  Its a shame the "3rd version" of the album happens to be missing my personal favorite track: Muzzle of bees. 

I'm guessing the client finds that version first rather than this being the "default" version of the album in the backend.  Although, it could also depend on which country you're in.  Nevertheless, you can view all iterations of the album on Android which stands to reason iOS should have the same experience.  I'll go ahead and pass this along.  

In the meantime, I'd recommend the workaround of selecting the best version from the desktop, putting it in a playlist,  then syncing the playlist to offline mode on your mobile device.  

Much appreciated Rorey!  Thanks for reporting this.

You can workaround this too if you search for the album name in the iOS app - it'll show all versions then.  It is just with the Artist Page.

I didn't mean to sound mad - but I noticed it when the iPad app came out - it has been like this since that.  But anyway thanks for reporting this up!

Suggested posts