Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

FAQs

Please see below the most popular frequently asked questions.

Loading article...

Loading faqs...

Ongoing Issues

Please see below the current ongoing issues which are under investigation.

Loading issue...

Loading ongoing issues...

iOS (iPhone, iPad)

Get help with Spotify for iOS devices

Start a topic

Forum Posts

iOS Local Files: Easier import with the Files app

It is now easier to import Local Files into the Spotify iOS app through the Files app on your iOS device. A computer and WiFi network are not required to use this new import method. This means that you can now import Local Files into the Spotify iOS ...

Files app icon.png
  • Spotify Star
  • Spotify Star
  • 31mwp7shpmdorxy6haqf
  • Spotify
  • 15 replies
  • 36 likes
  • 15 replies
  • 36 likes

Ipad 2 doesn´t work

When i press play that marker that usually is shaped like a circle doesn´t move and the song won´t start, it´s shaped like a diamond. I can search and manage my lists and everything works fine until I press play. Anyone who know what's wrong?

• When i press play that marker that usually is shaped like a circle doesn´t move and the song won´t start, it´s shaped like a diamond. I can search and manage my lists and everything works fine until ...
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes

Solved!! iPad Questions

Ok, so: 1) When syncing a playlist for offline on the iPad, is the amount of memory it takes up pretty much the same as it would for normal iTunes songs? (e.g. 1000 songs = 8GB)2) You can select a playlist to be available offline on the computer, but...

• Music Fan
  • Ok, so:   1) When syncing a playlist for offline on the iPad, is the amount of memory it takes up pretty much the same as it would for normal iTunes songs? (e.g. 1000 songs = 8GB) 2) You can ...
  • tjb
  • Roadie
  • 2 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 2 replies
  • 0 likes

iPhone app only streams local files...

Hi, as of today, the spotify app on my iPhone 3gs (ios 5.1) only streams files that are actually local files from my computer and that are synced to my mobile app. All the other playlists that should be available in offline mode (but which are not lo...

• Hi,   as of today, the spotify app on my iPhone 3gs (ios 5.1) only streams files that are actually local files from my computer and that are synced to my mobile app. All the other playlists th...
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes

How do I free memory on my iPod?

It seems simple. I want to delete playlist from my iPod and free up memory so I can sync different playlist. There does not seem to be a clear cut answer to this. Highly frustrating as I do not have unlimited space on my ipod. Can someone please help...

• Gig Goer
  • It seems simple.  I want to delete playlist from my iPod and free up memory so I can sync different playlist.  There does not seem to be a clear cut answer to this.  Highly frustrating...
  • Midtone
  • Gig Goer
  • 2 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 2 replies
  • 0 likes

memory is not freed after deleting offline playlist

Hello, since the last update, deleting a offline playlist does not free memory of my Iphone.the consumption of memory grows and grows. The only way to stop that is to delete and reinstall the app.Am I doing something wrong? How can i solve this probl...

• Hello,   since the last update, deleting a offline playlist does not free  memory of my Iphone. the consumption of memory grows and grows. The only way to stop that is to delete and rein...
  • tjb
  • Roadie
  • 3 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 3 replies
  • 0 likes

Freezing while syncing

I am trying to sync my iPod and after just a few songs it freezes. Why???

• Casual Listener
  • I am trying to sync my iPod and after just a few songs it freezes. Why???
  • emurphy1969
  • Casual Listener
  • 4 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 4 replies
  • 0 likes

iPad 2 service failures

I have had Spotify on my iPad 2 for about a year and generally working ok - apart from sometimes in evenings Spotify has been overcrowded. But in last two - three weeks it is taking ages (10 minutes or more) to search and connect with an album. Has s...

• I have had Spotify on my iPad 2 for about a year and generally working ok - apart from sometimes in evenings Spotify has been overcrowded. But in last two - three weeks it is taking ages (10 min...
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes

I like the new icon, but not the new progress bar

Just a little feedback for the new version of Spotify. Even though it's only slightly different, the icon doesn't look flat like it did before. I had grown tired of that, so that's a nice improvement. About the progress bar specifically, I like how i...

• Music Fan
  • Just a little feedback for the new version of Spotify. Even though it's only slightly different, the icon doesn't look flat like it did before. I had grown tired of that, so that's a nice improvement...
  • russtm
  • Roadie
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

Solved!! Ipad Not recognising me as a Premium member

I am a Spotify Premium member. Last week in the UK all was well. This week in the US I can play nothing. I can still see all my playlists but they are all greyed out. Am I doing something wrong? All help appreciated.

• Casual Listener
  • I am a Spotify Premium member. Last week in the UK all was well. This week in the US I can play nothing. I can still see all my playlists but they are all greyed out. Am I doing something wrong? All ...
  • user-removed
  • Not applicable
  • 2 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 2 replies
  • 0 likes

How to find album after title search?

Hello, After searching for a title, I can hear the title a once. If I like the title, how can I see the other titles of the same album? The windows application has a link to the album for every title but I do not find such a link in the ipad app. Doe...

• Hello, After searching for a title, I can hear the title a once. If I like the title, how can I see the other titles of the same album? The windows application has a link to the album for every title...
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes

Solved!! Cant find the Spotify app for ipad OR iphone on my ipad

I have a problem, when i search for Spotify in app store on my ipad2 iOS 5 it doesnt show up! The iphone app does not show up either. When i go from a driect link from either spotifys web or links that people send me, i only get the message "your req...

• I have a problem, when i search for Spotify in app store on my ipad2 iOS 5 it doesnt show up! The iphone app does not show up either. When i go from a driect link from either spotifys web or links th...
  • Lucybaybak
  • Casual Listener
  • 5 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 5 replies
  • 0 likes

Facebook login question

We just purchased Spotify Unlimited with my mom's Facebook information. But when I go to use the app on my iPhone, I click to login with Facebook and it uses MY information because I'm currently logged into MY facebook account on my Facebook app. So ...

• Casual Listener
  • We just purchased Spotify Unlimited with my mom's Facebook information. But when I go to use the app on my iPhone, I click to login with Facebook and it uses MY information because I'm currently logg...
  • user-removed
  • Not applicable
  • 3 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 3 replies
  • 0 likes

How long will it take?

I've just finnished my trail and have upgraded to premium. I've logged in and out 5 times and it still says I need to upgrade. When should it start to work?

• Casual Listener
  • I've just finnished my trail and have upgraded to premium. I've logged in and out 5 times and it still says I need to upgrade. When should it start to work?
  • David
  • Spotify Legend
  • 3 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 3 replies
  • 0 likes

Pause after 1 minute & songs will not sync iP4

I'm running the latest version of the app on my iPhone 4 and I've had trouble ever since. I will play a song for a minute and even though it is downloaded, it will irratically pause. My playlists will also not sync onto my phone also.

• Visitor
  • I'm running the latest version of the app on my iPhone 4 and I've had trouble ever since. I will play a song for a minute and even though it is downloaded, it will irratically pause. My playlists wil...
  • David
  • Spotify Legend
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

Lost playlists when loged out

I loged out from my spotify and when I tryed to log in again it says that I have 48 hours trail!?!?I got premium sence long and never had any problems until now. The issue is on iphone 4s and would really like to have it back! Anyone know what to do?...

• I loged out from my spotify and when I tryed to log in again it says that I have 48 hours trail!?!? I got premium sence long and never had any problems until now.  The issue is on iphone 4s an...
  • Sam
  • Spotify
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

Solved!! redeeming a gift card after the 48hr trial version

Hi all, im new to this so sorry if its in the wrong place. I set up a spotify accout on tuesday and got the 48 hr premium trial version on my ipad, which was great. However i would like to purchase a gift card from a shop, how do i redeem this card? ...

• Casual Listener
  • Hi all, im new to this so sorry if its in the wrong place. I set up a spotify accout on tuesday and got the 48 hr premium trial version on my ipad, which was great. However i would like to purchase a...
  • user-removed
  • Not applicable
  • 5 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 5 replies
  • 0 likes

Ipad3, AirPlay and ATV2

Hi, Hardware: iPad 3 and iphone 4, both with IOS 5.1.1 AppleTV2 connected by HDMI to reciever AirPort Express x 2 connected analog Problem: I can't get the ipad app to work with the ATV2; everything looks like its working, the song name pops up on th...

• Hi, Hardware: iPad 3 and iphone 4, both with IOS 5.1.1 AppleTV2 connected by HDMI to reciever AirPort Express x 2 connected analog Problem: I can't get the ipad app to work with the ATV2; everything ...
  • Remcohe
  • Casual Listener
  • 2 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 2 replies
  • 0 likes

Choppy Audio on iPad App

I am currently experiencing Choppy Audio on the iPad app using an iPad 3. I've noticed this many times, but it is more apparent in certain types of music than others. It sounds like the music is being played through a fan. It's subtle, you have to li...

• Music Fan
  • I am currently experiencing Choppy Audio on the iPad app using an iPad 3.  I've noticed this many times, but it is more apparent in certain types of music than others.   It sounds like th...
  • Webern
  • Music Fan
  • 2 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 2 replies
  • 0 likes

Hide Unplayabe Tracks option behaving in reverse?

Hi, Perhaps someone could verify this for me. I've just sent the following through the website's contact form and got the usual first-line "try reinstalling etc" response. I seriously doubt this is specific to my device: "Hi, The "Hide Unplayable Tra...

• Casual Listener
  • Hi,   Perhaps someone could verify this for me. I've just sent the following through the website's contact form and got the usual first-line "try reinstalling etc" response. I seriously doubt ...
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes