Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

FAQs

Please see below the most popular frequently asked questions.

Loading article...

Loading faqs...

Ongoing Issues

Please see below the current ongoing issues which are under investigation.

Loading issue...

Loading ongoing issues...

iOS (iPhone, iPad)

Get help with Spotify for iOS devices

Start a topic

Forum Posts

iOS Local Files: Easier import with the Files app

It is now easier to import Local Files into the Spotify iOS app through the Files app on your iOS device. A computer and WiFi network are not required to use this new import method. This means that you can now import Local Files into the Spotify iOS ...

Files app icon.png
  • Spotify Star
  • Spotify Star
  • 31mwp7shpmdorxy6haqf
  • Spotify
  • 15 replies
  • 36 likes
  • 15 replies
  • 36 likes

Everytime I click next or back on my iPhone, the track doesn't play and this link shows up.

http://o-o.preferred.lvlt-iad1.lv12.Iscache.1.c.youtube.com/videoplayback?el=watch&begin=0&ym.. Is anyone else getting this? I mean, the songs would play on autoplay, but when I want to skip through the songs, it stops and that link shows up.

• Casual Listener
  • http://o-o.preferred.lvlt-iad1.lv12.Iscache.1.c.youtube.com/videoplayback?el=watch&begin=0&ym..   Is anyone else getting this?   I mean, the songs would play on autoplay, bu...
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes

Top lists in iPad app?!?

Has anyone found a way to view the top track or album lists in the iPad app? I want the global lists that are available in the desktop app, not the top amongs friends and nearby. This is the main way I discover music so without it, I find this app to...

• Has anyone found a way to view the top track or album lists in the iPad app? I want the global lists that are available in the desktop app, not the top amongs friends and nearby. This is the main way...
  • Biggysnax
  • 2 replies
  • 4 likes
  • 2 replies
  • 4 likes

Can log in on one device - not on other

I have a premium subscription that has been working fine for a few months. I have it on my Mac desktop and laptop, and I listen offline on my iPhone 4. I tried to load it on a second iPhone (iPhone 4), using the same Facebook account and it froze on ...

• Casual Listener
  • I have a premium subscription that has been working fine for a few months.  I have it on my Mac desktop and laptop, and I listen offline on my iPhone 4.  I tried to load it on a second iPho...
  • smalina
  • Casual Listener
  • 4 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 4 replies
  • 0 likes

Ipod touch spotify wont sync local files

Hey I have an ipod touch 4th gen with spotifybut is on my computer and made that available offline, I'm not sure but I think its spotify not picking up my ipod thanks, mints59

• Casual Listener
  • Hey I have an ipod touch 4th gen with spotifybut is on my computer and made that available offline, I'm not sure but I think its spotify not picking up my ipod thanks, mints59
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes

Spotify continues to drop on ipod touch

My spotify app keeps dropping every time I start it up whenever I'm connected to wifi or connected to a docking station. At best I'll be able to play half a song then the app completely closes or freezes up. When the ipod is not connected to wifi, th...

• My spotify app keeps dropping every time I start it up whenever I'm connected to wifi or connected to a docking station. At best I'll be able to play half a song then the app completely closes or fre...
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes

Ipad App far too memory intensive

Ever since the iPad app came out, I've more or less been unable to use it. I appreciate the original iPad 1 has a bit less ram than newer models, but when the first version of the Spotify iPad app came out, it would crash every other app I tried to r...

• Casual Listener
  • Ever since the iPad app came out, I've more or less been unable to use it. I appreciate the original iPad 1 has a bit less ram than newer models, but when the first version of the Spotify iPad app ca...
  • 0 replies
  • 1 likes
  • 0 replies
  • 1 likes

Albums missing from Artist Search

With the IOS app when i search an aritist say Fun. or One Republic and then click on their name it only shows a few if any of their albums. Most often just what they appear on. However if i search by song title such as "Good Life" by one republic the...

• With the IOS app when i search an aritist say Fun. or One Republic and then click on their name it only shows a few if any of their albums. Most often just what they appear on. However if i search by...
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes

Can I share my unlimited account with the computer and iPad?

Hello, Can I use Spotify in my computer and my iPad with only one Unlimited account?. Thaks in advance

• Hello,   Can I use Spotify in my computer and my iPad with only one Unlimited account?.   Thaks in advance
  • user-removed
  • Not applicable
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

Solved!! Log-in/log-out on the new iPad-app

Just downloaded the new Spotify-app för iPad. We are multiple users in our household, with two different Premiumaccounts and only one iPad. Where is the log-in/log-out screen on the new iPad app, so we can swap active account?

• Casual Listener
  • Just downloaded the new Spotify-app för iPad. We are multiple users in our household, with two different Premiumaccounts and only one iPad. Where is the log-in/log-out screen on the new iPad app, so ...
  • LoboTommy
  • Casual Listener
  • 2 replies
  • 2 likes
  • 2 replies
  • 2 likes

Uninstall and re-install to get memory? Are you serious?

I have discovered that I have to uninstall and reinstall the spotify app to free up space on my ipod to listen to playlists offline. Does anyone else find this ridiculous? And when are you going to fix this simple problem Spotify?

• Gig Goer
  • I have discovered that I have to uninstall and reinstall the spotify app to free up space on my ipod to listen to playlists offline.  Does anyone else find this ridiculous?  And when are yo...
  • user-removed
  • Not applicable
  • 1 replies
  • 1 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 1 likes

Offline playlists

Hello I was wanting to know if there is a way I can have certain songs online on others off. I have way too many and take all my ram on my ipod 4g so I wanted to make certain not all songs playable offlne, I hope someone can help me. thanks

• Music Fan
  • Hello I was wanting to know if there is a way I can have certain songs online on others off. I have way too many and take all my ram on my ipod 4g so I wanted to make certain not all songs playable o...
  • ThePerfectK
  • Music Fan
  • 2 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 2 replies
  • 0 likes

Syncing Selected Tracks

How do I control which tracks / Playlists are synced to my I phone? At the moment Spotify tries to Sync all playlists and stops when my phone is full. Thanks

• How do I control which tracks / Playlists are synced to my I phone?  At the moment  Spotify tries to Sync all playlists and stops when my phone is full.   Thanks 
  • David
  • Spotify Legend
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

"Streaming is only available to Premium subscribers."

Hello!The last days I've been having this error message in my iPhone 4 app. I can play music in my PC with my Spotify account with no problems, but I can no longer use the app as I get the error message "Streaming is only available to Premium subscri...

• Hello! The last days I've been having this error message in my iPhone 4 app. I can play music in my PC with my Spotify account with no problems, but I can no longer use the app as I get the error ...
  • David
  • Spotify Legend
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

Ipad 2 doesn´t work

When i press play that marker that usually is shaped like a circle doesn´t move and the song won´t start, it´s shaped like a diamond. I can search and manage my lists and everything works fine until I press play. Anyone who know what's wrong?

• When i press play that marker that usually is shaped like a circle doesn´t move and the song won´t start, it´s shaped like a diamond. I can search and manage my lists and everything works fine until ...
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes

Solved!! iPad Questions

Ok, so: 1) When syncing a playlist for offline on the iPad, is the amount of memory it takes up pretty much the same as it would for normal iTunes songs? (e.g. 1000 songs = 8GB)2) You can select a playlist to be available offline on the computer, but...

• Music Fan
  • Ok, so:   1) When syncing a playlist for offline on the iPad, is the amount of memory it takes up pretty much the same as it would for normal iTunes songs? (e.g. 1000 songs = 8GB) 2) You can ...
  • tjb
  • Roadie
  • 2 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 2 replies
  • 0 likes

iPhone app only streams local files...

Hi, as of today, the spotify app on my iPhone 3gs (ios 5.1) only streams files that are actually local files from my computer and that are synced to my mobile app. All the other playlists that should be available in offline mode (but which are not lo...

• Hi,   as of today, the spotify app on my iPhone 3gs (ios 5.1) only streams files that are actually local files from my computer and that are synced to my mobile app. All the other playlists th...
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes

How do I free memory on my iPod?

It seems simple. I want to delete playlist from my iPod and free up memory so I can sync different playlist. There does not seem to be a clear cut answer to this. Highly frustrating as I do not have unlimited space on my ipod. Can someone please help...

• Gig Goer
  • It seems simple.  I want to delete playlist from my iPod and free up memory so I can sync different playlist.  There does not seem to be a clear cut answer to this.  Highly frustrating...
  • Midtone
  • Gig Goer
  • 2 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 2 replies
  • 0 likes

memory is not freed after deleting offline playlist

Hello, since the last update, deleting a offline playlist does not free memory of my Iphone.the consumption of memory grows and grows. The only way to stop that is to delete and reinstall the app.Am I doing something wrong? How can i solve this probl...

• Hello,   since the last update, deleting a offline playlist does not free  memory of my Iphone. the consumption of memory grows and grows. The only way to stop that is to delete and rein...
  • tjb
  • Roadie
  • 3 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 3 replies
  • 0 likes

Freezing while syncing

I am trying to sync my iPod and after just a few songs it freezes. Why???

• Casual Listener
  • I am trying to sync my iPod and after just a few songs it freezes. Why???
  • emurphy1969
  • Casual Listener
  • 4 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 4 replies
  • 0 likes