Announcements
The Spotify Stars Program: Celebrating Values Week!

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Bug Spotify App playlist name goes above status bar

Solved!

Bug Spotify App playlist name goes above status bar

Plan

Premium Family

Country

Italy

Device

iPhone XS

Operating System

iOS 13.4

My Question or Issue

When I lower the tab with the song controls while i’m on a playlist, many times it happens that the name of the playlist and the back button go beyond the system status bar and notch.

(in the first screen it is with bug, in the second one it is bug free).

4D8AD34D-31D2-4C51-9568-3A70439F5FFD.png
6E6923E1-24FC-4F07-8260-70C2C5F85A62.png

Accepted Solutions
Marked as solution

Hi,
The version is: 8.5.54.1127
It happens with every playlist. Whether when I'm with wifi or mobile data, or when I'm offline. It doesn't change the fact if I'm in the home or library.
This bug happens when I open the player with the controls, change tracks and scroll down to close it. Demonstration video: https://drive.google.com/file/d/1mkeRPmAs82BWiCLVsxEHBQLbHo8s-qJ2/view?usp=drivesdk

Edit 25/04/2020: with the latest update (v. 8.5.55) the bug seems to have been fixed. Thanks!

View solution in original post

4 Replies

Hi there @user-removed,

thanks for reaching out about this !

I recommend performing a clean reinstall of the app following the steps provided here as it tends to solve these type of issues.

Furthermore, please make sure that your OS is fully updated.

Let me know how it goes 🙂

I reinstalled spotify but the bug still exists.
The operating system is updated to the latest version available

Hi @user-removed,

thanks for checking out my reply !

I would like to ask you to add your Spotify version and let me know if this is happening with any other playlists or just this specific one.

If possible, please mention the action you take within the app which ends on the issue in hand since you say it's not a constant issue.

For example, does it only happen when you access a playlist from a certain location (Home, Library, etc), are you using the app in offline mode, mobile data or WiFi?

Thanks for your cooperation 🙂

Marked as solution

Hi,
The version is: 8.5.54.1127
It happens with every playlist. Whether when I'm with wifi or mobile data, or when I'm offline. It doesn't change the fact if I'm in the home or library.
This bug happens when I open the player with the controls, change tracks and scroll down to close it. Demonstration video: https://drive.google.com/file/d/1mkeRPmAs82BWiCLVsxEHBQLbHo8s-qJ2/view?usp=drivesdk

Edit 25/04/2020: with the latest update (v. 8.5.55) the bug seems to have been fixed. Thanks!

Suggested posts