Announcements
The Spotify Stars Program: Celebrating Values Week!

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Bug, test or new design? Play menu on iOS

Bug, test or new design? Play menu on iOS

Plan

Premium

Country

Sweden

Device

iPhone X

Operating System

iOS 14.1

My Question or Issue

I have a New play menu  design witch looks really bad. No one of my friends have it. Is it a bug, test or a new design that is rolling out?

94704BB7-3067-42F5-AD63-2EEE9F93CEDF.png
7 Replies

Hey @user-removed, thanks for coming to the Spotify Community!

Spotify is always testing new things to improve! There's some more information about these tests here: https://support.spotify.com/article/why-am-i-seeing-different-features-than-my-friends/. Not to worry, I'll pass on your feedback about this. If there's anything else I can do for you, feel free to give me a shout!

Have a great one,

Hubo

HuboSpotify Star
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Like.
Note: I'm not a Spotify employee.

Hey, I don't have it, maybe it's a server side test, it doesn't seem a bug.

cheers!

It might be a test. I hope. I don’t really like it.

Can I turn the test off? I don’t want to pay premium to be a person Spotify test new things on.

You can't, unfortunately. There are people who love testing new things and there are people who hate this, and for those who would like to test they simply don't give the chance. This is a server-side toggle, so, no... There's no possibility to disable a specific person.

As a premium user, I think users should choose if they want to be part of the tests or no as Netflix does.

I agree. I have now canceled my premium account and gone back to Apple Music.

Hey @user-removed and @ma_marquezini,

Thanks for searching for the answer you need here!    

As @Hubo mentioned, we're constantly running tests in order to provide you with the best music experience possible. So it's possible that you might see something on the app your friend doesn’t, or get a brand-new feature for only a temporary period. 

Currently there isn't a way to opt out from such test or exclude specific accounts from our end  However might we suggest creating a new account as a possible workaround? If the new one is not part of the test, you can transfer all your music there so that nothing gets lost. This page has detailed instructions on how to do this.

Hope this was helpful for you. If you have questions, you know where to find us.

Mihail Moderator
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate an answer, maybe give it a Like.
Are you new to the Community? Take a moment to introduce yourself!

Suggested posts