Announcements

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Bugs I've come across in Spotify V 1.0.0.3251 iOS (iPhone and iPod Touch only)

Solved!

Bugs I've come across in Spotify V 1.0.0.3251 iOS (iPhone and iPod Touch only)

Here is a short description of the bugs I've come across in the latest version (20/04/2014) of Spotify for iOS (iPhone and iPod Touch only). Feel free to add any other bugs you've come across in the comments.

NOTE: These are bugs I've encountered on iPhone 4 and iPod Touch 4th gen and might not apply to newer devices.

Slow boot: Sometimes when opening Spotify I will be greeted with the last screen I was on, but there will be the three infamous loading dots loading over and over for up to 3 minutes until I can use the app.

Lock screen delay: When Spotify plays the next song and the screen is locked, it will take up to a minute before the name of the song, the artist and album art is shown. During this time, the Play/Pause and Back/Forward buttons to control the music are completely unusable.

*BIG BUG* Switching to next song makes Spotify crash: If I show the album art in "full screen" and slide to the next song or even just press the "Next Song" button Spotfiy will most of the time completely freeze and crash, which closes and quits the app. The only way to skip to the next track is from the lock screen or by sliding the small player bar at the bottom of the app.

Unresponsive shuffle button: The shuffle button will somtimes take up to 20 seconds to react before it changes mode. On top of that it's quite poorly placed and often makes you press the track slider.

Eratic track slider: When sliding forward in a track the slider will go absolutely crazy and start bouncing back and forth between the the point you dragged it from and the new point. This bug is only visual however. The track will play from where you placed the slider, just like you would expect it to.

Playlist names not showing up: Names of playlists seem to show up whenever they feel like it. I don't know if this is because the name is not loading properly but this makes it hard to find the playlist you're looking for.

*MAIN BUG FOR MANY* Contents of Your Music on Desktop not showing up in mobile app: Your Music is a fantastic new way to organise your music. However, the music in your current playlists won't show up in Your Music. The only way to fix this is to manually drag your playlists to the Songs section in the desktop client. I did this yesterday (164 playlists one by one -.-). To my surprise only around 30 of the 3000+ tracks I added to Songs would show up in the iOS app. I can confirm that this bug happens on Android too. After looking around I found that many people had this exact issue. Someone said that it's a bug that occurs when you add more than 540 songs to Your Music at once but I can't confirm if that's true. BUT IT DEFINITELY NEEDS A FIX ASAP.

Daniel

Accepted Solutions
Marked as solution

Hopefully these issues will be fixed in the upcoming 1.1 release on iOS, the application definitely has a number of issues.

Your last bug is actually a bug in the desktop client which happens when you add too many tracks to Your Music in one go. Try completely restarting Spotify then adding tracks to Songs in batches of less than 500 (542 to be precise) and they should then sync to your other devices. Bear in mind, Your Music also currently has a maximum of 10,000 tracks.

Peter
Spotify Community Mentor and Troubleshooter

Spotify Last.FM Twitter LinkedIn Meet Peter Rock Star Jam 2014

If this post was helpful, please add kudos below!

View solution in original post

4 Replies
Marked as solution

Hopefully these issues will be fixed in the upcoming 1.1 release on iOS, the application definitely has a number of issues.

Your last bug is actually a bug in the desktop client which happens when you add too many tracks to Your Music in one go. Try completely restarting Spotify then adding tracks to Songs in batches of less than 500 (542 to be precise) and they should then sync to your other devices. Bear in mind, Your Music also currently has a maximum of 10,000 tracks.

Peter

So wait, you're telling me I should now remove all my songs from Your Music and then add them in batches of 500? And then wait how long, 24h, 48h?

I added my playlsits one by one (since that's the only way to do it) and most of my playlists have less than 500 songs. Is the problem that I added more than 500 songs in one day or what? This is a really strange and annoying bug.

I have less than 10000 songs so that shouldn't be a problem, I just want all my tracks to show up in Songs on my mobile devices.

Thanks for your help so far, I hope you can help me with this desktop bug as I really want my tracks in Songs on my mobile devices.

I restarted the desktop client and the songs I had added were gone. I've only added about 30 now and it seems to work since they show up on my iPhone 🙂 My question now is, how long should I wait after adding 500 songs? Or should I simply restart the desktop client and then add another batch of songs?

Finally, do you know a quicker way to add tracks to Songs than dragging single playlists?

You can continually add to Your Music without restarting providing you never add more than 500 in one go. After you go over that limit, the adding breaks and nothing after that will be saved after that. So as long as you add small numbers at a time, you should be fine to keep adding.

Peter

Suggested posts