Announcements

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Bugs galore if you want Spotify on your Ipad Please fix or respond!!

Bugs galore if you want Spotify on your Ipad Please fix or respond!!

so I loaded Spotify on my Ipad. What I never liked about the Ipad is the fact that you cannot troubleshoot. Why is it in offline mode on my Ipad? I don't have the "right click" ability with an Ipad to make it online. I'm reading other posts and I'm seeing that lots of others are having issues with their other devices. Is Spotify's "cloud" based product being worked on for other devices? its a good idea, but not for nothing if the product does not work as you think it will on any device. It should be seamless to me if I'm listening on a lap top or on an Ipad. Its not like it doesn't see my account because when I login using my FB account like I do on my lap top, there are all of my playlists. My other apps such as IHeart Radio, Pandora - all see the wireless connection, but Spotify does not for some reason. Also, if the core product is an offline product, why on earth wouldn't this be a default setting????? I should have to select if I want it offline not online. Especially if you detect my account is not a premium account, I can't use the offline feature anyway. Lots of bugs in this prodct and its really a shame becuase I do like it. The other thing is not being able to talk to a person. This is very frustrating. and if you offer something for free then a) it better work as intended and b) this is your decision to get people to upgrade which I might consider if your prices were not so unreasonable.I pay less than $ 9.99 for my Netflix which is unlimeted streaming video - and guess what? It works on EVERY device, seamlessly!!! What a pleasure! Either your a true cloud based company / product or your not, and in this world of iPhones and iPads I would think that having your product work on multiple devices would be a no brainer. What a shame. I work for Oracle so I know how companies handle these things, and your not doing a good job. 

4 Replies

Hi there @Debnichols! Welcome to the Spotify Community.

Unfortunately, I'm not sure exactly what your question is...I have the Spotify Mobile App on my iPad and I have absolutely no problems with using it. I have had this app for approximately four months and have never had an issue with it, including my time at my university.

Have you tried a fresh clean re-installation of the mobile app on your iPad? This often resolves a lot of the problems that users suffer from time to time.

If you've already tried a fresh clean re-installation, where exactly are you accessing Spotify from? Are you using it at home? At work? At school? Sometimes certain networks will block Spotify access to the Internet, much like my university did unless you had designated a specific proxy setting on the device/app. Try using the Spotify app on your iPad on a network with no connection restrictions (i.e. public WiFi) after completely shutting the app off.

If any of these solutions make any type difference, do share.
Spotify on!
Mikey

Spotify | Twitter

Did you like this post? Please add kudos below!
Did this post solve your issue? Accept it as a solution below!

Hi, where would I find fields in the spotify app for iPad where I could enter my university proxy settings? Cheers, Dave.

There isn't a setting for that in the app you need to configure it directly under the settings app on the iPad itself

thanks but I've had the proxy settings in my ipad for ages, spotify is an app that requires the proxy to be entered manually for the app as well. that's the way it works through the proxy here anyway.

Suggested posts