Announcements

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Can I use iPhone to cache locally without cell service?

Solved!

Can I use iPhone to cache locally without cell service?

I'm thinking about buying an old Gen1 iPhone just to use Spotify because Home Depot sells a water resistant portable boombox that has iPod/iPhone adapter built in with a remote control.

I would buy an iPod to do this but I need to take the boombox to areas where there is no cell coverage so I need to be able to cache the songs on the iPhone which you can't do with an iPod.

I should be able to download/cache my playlists to the iPhone via WiFi then play that music while not connected to any cell provider network, right?

here is the radio:

http://www.homedepot.com/h_d1/N-5yc1v/R-202516292/h_d2/ProductDisplay?catalogId=10053&langId=-1&keyw...

Accepted Solutions
Marked as solution

As long as it can run at least iOS4, that will work.  You can also sync tracks with an iPod Touch, just not regular old iPods (classic, nano, etc).  If it runs iOS4+, it will work with Spotify's app.

View solution in original post

2 Replies
Marked as solution

As long as it can run at least iOS4, that will work.  You can also sync tracks with an iPod Touch, just not regular old iPods (classic, nano, etc).  If it runs iOS4+, it will work with Spotify's app.

Awesome, thanks for the tip on the iPod touch.

Suggested posts