Announcements
The Spotify Stars Program: Celebrating Values Week!

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Can't Delete Songs from Playlists

Can't Delete Songs from Playlists

The app on my iPhone is not letting me delete songs from my playlists like I used to be able to do (swipe left and click "Delete" button). Please help!

10 Replies

Hi there,
Welcome at the Spotify Community!

You should be able to see an button with three dots (...) at the right --> of a song.
Of you press that, you can choose to delete it.

Delete is not an option after I click the "..." Button.

Well okay, I've Android and I have that option.

I will ask the iPhone expert from the Rock Star team to take a look for you.

Hey ARoll10,

If you head into a playlist and click the three dots (...) next to the playlist name (in the top right-hand corner) you should see the option to edit your playlist.

Click 'Edit' then tap the red circle to the left of each song, then delete.

The ability to delete songs was removed I'm guessing because too many people were accidentally deleteing songs. To delete a song, follow the steps Grace posted. 

MattSudaSpotify Star
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Like.
Note: I'm not a Spotify employee.

Grace - The "Remove from Playlist" option is greyed out.   Why is deleting a song this complicated.   I have Premium.   Thanks

Sorry, there is no edit buttom either !

This is an incredibly inefficient way to delete a song from a playlist. Please pass on my request for the more intuitive, less time consuming swipe option.

When I press the delete icon on the right side, Spotify hangs then the app crashes. Iโ€™ve recently upgraded to ios 11 beta. Could that be the reason? Iโ€™ve given Apple feedback on this...

2020 iPhone (free)

1) Click on the playlist

2) click on "songs you've added"

3) click on the heart next to the song you want to remove. (Why they chose this I don't know.  Heart made me believe i would remove it from my favorite songs list.)

4) (-) Remove from this playlist.

Done.

Suggested posts