Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

iOS (iPhone, iPad)

Get help with Spotify for iOS devices

Start a topic

Forum Posts

iOS Local Files: Easier import with the Files app

It is now easier to import Local Files into the Spotify iOS app through the Files app on your iOS device. A computer and WiFi network are not required to use this new import method. This means that you can now import Local Files into the Spotify iOS ...

Files app icon.png
  • Spotify Star
  • Spotify Star
  • zoabknew
  • Regular
  • 13 replies
  • 33 likes
  • 13 replies
  • 33 likes

Can no longer use Spotify in the car due to skipping issue

Until a week ago I regularly used Spotify in my car connected via USB cable but this is no longer possible because after playing just one song the app skips to the next and the next and the next and the next and the next and can't be stopped. The onl...

• Casual Listener
  • Until a week ago I regularly used Spotify in my car connected via USB cable but this is no longer possible because after playing just one song the app skips to the next and the next and the next and ...
  • Cottonbean
  • Casual Listener
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • Car
    iphone
    skipping
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

Solved!! Playlist incomplete on Ford Sync

Plan Premium FamilyCountry ItalyDeviceIphone 7Operating SystemOS 13.3.1SYNC version3.3 Hi! I created a playlist containing 49 music tracks. From mobile and desktop I see all the songs but when I connect the cable phone to my car, the number 49 is dis...

• Casual Listener
  • Plan  Premium Family Country  Italy Device Iphone 7 Operating System OS 13.3.1 SYNC version 3.3   Hi!  I created a playlist containing 49 music tracks. F...
  • matteo86
  • Casual Listener
  • 2 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 2 replies
  • 0 likes

Solved!! new playlist created

took a short nap, woke up and opened spotify to find that i had a playlist with no songs on it named “Strangers” that i have never created. it wasn’t there a few hours ago. not sure how could that have happened. any suggestions on how this could have...

• Visitor
  • took a short nap, woke up and opened spotify to find that i had a playlist with no songs on it named “Strangers” that i have never created.  it wasn’t there a few hours ago.  not sure how c...
  • Maxim
  • Spotify Star
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

Explicit Content Feature Missing IPAD

PlanPremiumCountryCanadaDeviceIPAD 2Operating SystemiOS 9.3.5 My Question or IssueI removed Spotify app and re-downloaded it via ICloud but now it is missing the Explicit Content. I followed the other suggestions on the other questions but still is m...

• Visitor
  • Plan Premium Country Canada Device IPAD 2 Operating System iOS 9.3.5   My Question or Issue I removed Spotify app and re-downloaded it via ICloud but now it is missing the Explicit Con...
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes

Syncing Local Files to iPhone

PlanPremium (family)CountryUnited StatesDeviceiPhone 11 ProOperating SystemiOS My Question or IssueSo I am having trouble syncing my downloaded songs from my desktop to my mobile device. I have the folder connected to my Spotify and have the download...

• Casual Listener
  • Plan Premium (family) Country United States Device iPhone 11 Pro Operating System iOS   My Question or Issue So I am having trouble syncing my downloaded songs from my desktop to my mo...
  • Robbie95
  • Casual Listener
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

Unable to change volume in app

Iphone x My Question or Issuecasting to google home speakers. Cannot change volume from in app slider. see screengrab i tried to change with slider but does not work. I have to use the updown volume rocker or the shortcut from swipe down menu.https:/...

• Visitor
  • Iphone x     My Question or Issue casting to google home speakers. Cannot change volume from in app slider.  see screengrab i tried to change with slider but does not work. I have...
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes

Where did the dislike button go??

Plan: PremiumCountry: United StatesDevice: iPhone XROperating System: iOS 13.3.1 The dislike button that was present on playlist radios literally 3 days ago has disappeared, and now I have no apparent way to tell Spotify that I hate certain songs. Th...

• Visitor
  •   Plan: Premium Country: United States Device: iPhone XR Operating System: iOS 13.3.1   The dislike button that was present on playlist radios literally 3 days ago has disappeared, an...
  • Emilia_8
  • Community Legend
  • 1 replies
  • 1 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 1 likes

[iPhone 8] ANR when User entered shared by Discord options and slightly drag down on a screen

PlanPremiumCountryPolandDeviceiPhone 8Operating SystemiOS 13.3, Spotify ver.8.5.40.252 My Question or IssueUser wanted to share album by Discord option. While scrolling through available servers to share User flicked down on space between popupe shar...

• Casual Listener
  • Plan Premium Country Poland Device iPhone 8 Operating System iOS 13.3, Spotify ver.8.5.40.252   My Question or Issue User wanted to share album by Discord option. While scrolling throu...
  • andrewbvstard
  • Casual Listener
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

Superuser Contribution Hidden songs

Plan: FreeCountry: USDevice: iPhone XROperating System: iOS 13.3My Question or Issue: I accidentally hit the hide song button (the circle with the minus inside). In attempt to get the songs back, I removed these songs from myliked playlist so I could...

• Visitor
  • Plan: Free Country: US Device: iPhone XR Operating System: iOS 13.3 My Question or Issue: I accidentally hit the hide song button (the circle with the minus inside). In attempt to get the so...
  • Xenia
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

Hi I having this issue I’m playing Spotify Premium in my iphone 8 connected to a Bose Mini II Soundl

PlanFree/PremiumCountry Device(iPhone 8, Samsung Galaxy 9, Macbook Pro late 2016)Operating System(iOS 10, Android Oreo, Windows 10,etc.) My Question or Issue

• Visitor
  • Plan Free/Premium Country   Device (iPhone 8, Samsung Galaxy 9, Macbook Pro late 2016) Operating System (iOS 10, Android Oreo, Windows 10,etc.)   My Question or Issue  
  • Billy-J
  • Spotify Star
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

Solved!!Superuser Contribution iPhone storage location of downloaded playlists?

Is this taking up a chunk of IOS storage?None of the below information is required. However, the more you provide the easier it will be for us to try and help.PlanPremiumCountryUSADeviceiPhone XS MaxOperating System(iOS 13 My Question or IssueIs this...

• Visitor
  • Is this taking up a chunk of IOS storage?None of the below information is required. However, the more you provide the easier it will be for us to try and help. Plan Premium Country USA Device i...
  • Xenia
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

Superuser Contribution Local files won't play on iPhone 11

Plan: PremiumCountry: UK Device(iPhone 11)Operating System(iOS 13.3.1) Local files won't play on my phone after moving to iPhone 11. They were working fine on my old phone (iPhone 6) although sometimes I had to kickstart the process by playing a loca...

• Casual Listener
  • Plan: Premium Country: UK   Device (iPhone 11) Operating System (iOS 13.3.1)   Local files won't play on my phone after moving to iPhone 11. They were working fine on my old ph...
  • Xenia
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

No shuffle button, repeat button, or queue button on iPad

PlanPremiumCountryGBDeviceiPad Pro Operating SystemiPadOS 13.1.2My Question or IssueFor some reason this newest version of Spotify doesn't have the shuffle button, repeat button or the queue button. The music plays just fine, and I can still add thin...

• Plan Premium Country GB Device iPad Pro  Operating System iPadOS 13.1.2 My Question or Issue For some reason this newest version of Spotify doesn't have the shuffle button, repeat butto...
  • djblackhook
  • 5 replies
  • 5 likes
  • 5 replies
  • 5 likes

Sound quaility difference between Iphone App & Deskrop with Airplay

Hi, I've been noticing a difference in sound quality when streaming spotiy to my airport express between the iOS App and the Desktop on my Macbook - The iOS app seems more compressed, with less definition especially in the high end. The desktop sound...

• Casual Listener
  • Hi,    I've been noticing a difference in sound quality when streaming spotiy to my airport express between the iOS App and the Desktop on my Macbook - The iOS app seems more compressed, ...
  • Onewave
  • Roadie
  • 4 replies
  • 1 likes
  • 4 replies
  • 1 likes

on or offline

when I stay in the online mode does the app yet play my downloaded music offline, meaning without using an internet connection? Because if it does then I could stay in the online mode all the time. But then what happens after 30 days? Is there an aut...

• Casual Listener
  • when I stay in the online mode does the app yet play my downloaded music offline, meaning without using an internet connection? Because if it does then I could stay in the online mode all the time. B...
  • Billy-J
  • Spotify Star
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • ds
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

Superuser Contribution Songs not showing for some artists.

PlanPremiumCountryUKDeviceiPhone 11 Pro MaxOperating SystemiOS 13.3.1My Question or IssueMy issue is that some albums that I have saved to my library are entirely blank upon opening them. This issue doesn't allow me to listen to the music I'd like to...

• Casual Listener
  • Plan Premium Country UK Device iPhone 11 Pro Max Operating System iOS 13.3.1 My Question or Issue My issue is that some albums that I have saved to my library are entirely blank upon openi...
  • SamAdams194
  • Casual Listener
  • 2 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 2 replies
  • 0 likes

Search by Song (make mobile as in desktop)

PlanPremiumCountryTurkeyDevice(iPhone 8Operating System(iOS 10) My Question or IssueWhen you make a search in songs (say "Sarabande") in desktop, you might like to start listenin to the list of the search-result (as if it's a playlist). However when ...

• Plan Premium Country Turkey Device (iPhone 8 Operating System (iOS 10)   My Question or Issue When you make a search in songs (say "Sarabande") in desktop, you might like to start list...
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes
  • Search
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes

Update 8.5.42.1040 Causes inadvertent deletions

The new update in February 2020, 8.5.42.1040, makes it all too easy to accidentally tap the heart icon when selecting a song and deleting it from your likes. This just happened to me the first time I opened the app after updating while at the gym. I'...

• Regular
  • The new update in February 2020, 8.5.42.1040, makes it all too easy to accidentally tap the heart icon when selecting a song and deleting it from your likes. This just happened to me the first t...
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes
  • liked
    Update
    UPDATE MALFUNCTION
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes

Superuser Contribution Tracklist incomplete

PlanPremiumCountryGermany iPhoneOperating System(iOS 10My Question or IssueThis Audiobook contains way more tracks than the tracklist is showing. Can‘t scroll down to my latest track, but I can send the track to myself, than open the link and play th...

• Visitor
  •   Plan Premium Country Germany  iPhone Operating System (iOS 10 My Question or Issue This Audiobook contains way more tracks than the tracklist is showing. Can‘t scroll down to my ...
  • Mario
  • Spotify Legend
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

Unable to sync certain local files to iPhone

PlanPremium DeviceiPhone 11 ProOperating SystemiOS 13, Windows 10 My Question or IssueThis is absolutely driving me crazy. I've turned off my firewall, enabled cellular download, but for some reason, I can't get some local files to sync to my playlis...

• Visitor
  • Plan Premium   Device iPhone 11 Pro Operating System iOS 13, Windows 10   My Question or Issue This is absolutely driving me crazy. I've turned off my firewall, enabled cellular do...
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes