Announcements
The Spotify Stars Program: Celebrating Values Week!

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Can't access anything in app: "An error occurred. Try again."

Can't access anything in app: "An error occurred. Try again."

This happened to me a couple of months ago and is happening again.  I connect to the wifi network at work.  "Offline" is not on.  I can't access anything except whatever I was last playing.  I can access the the list of musicians I follow but can't click through to their pages.  I tried restarting Spotify.  I tried restarting my phone.  I tried reinstalling Spotify.  Nothing works.  The app won't even work on LTE.  The app is completely unusuable now.   

8 Replies

Spotify will not let me search anything. I have tried everything from deleting the app and loging in with a different account, to restarting my phone and the problem keeps occurred . The screen still reads "error occurred" try again. But when I press try again nothing happens. I am connected to wifi and my phone works just fine. So it must be the app.

I am glad you're having this problem because I am having it too. It just started this morning and it is really annoying, as Spotify is the only music player that I use. It's been working fine all week, which leads me to believe that there's something going on with their network/database transactions. Either way, the same thing is happening to me.

Playlists load, all playlists do, but artists and albums don't load. In order to play a song, I have to search the name of the song and play it from the search page. If I click the ". . ." button and then "Go to Album" or "Go to Artist," it just won't work. I get a "!" and "An error occurred" with no error code or anything like that.

Very annoying.

Hey @averna-11 @ajrichar! Welcome to the Spotify Community. ^^

Spotify got some service problems at the moment. But they're already working on a fix. 

Be sure to check @SpotifyStatus for more updates. ^^   *Tweet*

Peace

Same issue - no offline devices listed. Tried re-install, power off etc but nothing's working. 

Started hapening today on iPad and it's really annoying. 

Hey @squeekru

Can you try again now? Are you still having this problem?

MattSudaSpotify Star
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Like.
Note: I'm not a Spotify employee.

What-ever you did, it's sorted. Now working fine. 

Thanks. 

@squeekru

You're welcome!

MattSudaSpotify Star
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Like.
Note: I'm not a Spotify employee.

I'm having this problem as well.  I've tried rebooting, reinstalling, no help.

When I try to browse, it tells me that I'm offline (sometimes), but when I check offline devices on the website, my phone isn't listed.  Weird!

At any rate, I haven't been able to search for music for about a week now, and I'm getting upset about it.

Suggested posts