Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

FAQs

Please see below the most popular frequently asked questions.

Loading article...

Loading faqs...

Ongoing Issues

Please see below the current ongoing issues which are under investigation.

Loading issue...

Loading ongoing issues...

iOS (iPhone, iPad)

Get help with Spotify for iOS devices

Start a topic

Forum Posts

Downloading music on Apple Watch

Hey folks!Here's a few tips & tricks to share about downloading music from Spotify on your Apple Watch! - If you're looking to get started, check this out! Not seeing the 'Download to Apple Watch'-button yet? Make sure your Spotify app is up-to-date ...

• Spotify Star
  • Spotify Star
  • Ver
  • 123 replies
  • 31 likes
  • 123 replies
  • 31 likes

New Your Library view

Spotify has introduced a new version of Your Library to mobile users of the iOS and Android apps. Come on over to the main Community thread to get an overview of what's new and share your feedback: New Your Library view (iOS & Android)

• Spotify Star
  • Spotify Star
  • 0 replies
  • 4 likes
  • 0 replies
  • 4 likes

Solved!! I have a different interface compared to my friends

Plan Premium Country Hong Kong Device iPhone XS Operating System iOS 13.1.3 My Question or Issue I have just start using Spotify and I realise my interface in artists is different from those of my friends. My friends have the number of liked songs un...

• n0hero
  • Casual Listener
  • 8 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 8 replies
  • 0 likes

There are songs I can't play & grayed out

Ever since I have listened on Spotify, I've always thought that there are no songs on spotify from my country (Philippines). Not until one of my friends told me that there ARE local songs on spotify. I played a song from the Spotify on their phone an...

13095930_10205649827115011_2078657216157281414_n.jpg
  • Casual Listener
  • Ever since I have listened on Spotify, I've always thought that there are no songs on spotify from my country (Philippines). Not until one of my friends told me that there ARE local songs on spotify....
  • 1104lee
  • 6 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 6 replies
  • 0 likes

Does not Scrobble over mobile data

This has been mentioned here over and over and seemingly still not been addressed. I have the latest Spotify and it just does not scrobble over mobile data. WiFi is fine, but mobile data is a no-go. Will this ever be resolved, I understand it's somet...

• This has been mentioned here over and over and seemingly still not been addressed.  I have the latest Spotify and it just does not scrobble over mobile data. WiFi is fine, but mobile data is a ...
  • JCdotnl
  • Roadie
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

Spotify Premium Problem

So I bought Spotify Premium again after my premium ran out. I bought it again but got nothing losing the option to even buy it again. However my account is still a free account on IOS after re installing, plus on the website. Im not sitting with a 12...

• Casual Listener
  • So I bought Spotify Premium again after my premium ran out. I bought it again but got nothing losing the option to even buy it again. However my account is still a free account on IOS after re instal...
  • osornios
  • Spotify Star
  • 2 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 2 replies
  • 0 likes

Login failed

I'm always logged in on spotify. A few days ago it suddenly logged out and now I can't log back in. I tried logging in with Facebook and also tried it manually but nothing seems to work.

• I'm always logged in on spotify. A few days ago it suddenly logged out and now I can't log back in. I tried logging in with Facebook and also tried it manually but nothing seems to work.
  • MattSuda
  • Spotify Star
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

Spotify won't play music on my iphone 6

Hi everyone please please help me solve this situation since I really rely on spotify for music. So my spotify won't play on my iphone 6 at all. When I go to browse and click "shuffle", usually there would be a box pop up underneath that says the son...

• Hi everyone please please help me solve this situation since I really rely on spotify for music.   So my spotify won't play on my iphone 6 at all.  When I go to browse and click "shuffle"...
  • laura_jane0
  • Music Fan
  • 2 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 2 replies
  • 0 likes

Adding song to playlist during shuffle restarts the shuffle queue

STR:- go to a playlist or 'My songs'- start shuffle playback of all songs- skip e.g four songs during playback and remember them.- add the fifth song to an existing playlist of yours or 'MySongs' by pressing ' ... ' in playback view and select 'add t...

• STR: - go to a playlist or 'My songs' - start shuffle playback of all songs - skip e.g four songs during playback and remember them. - add the fifth song to an existing playlist of yours or 'MySo...
  • MattSuda
  • Spotify Star
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • Shuffle in playlists
    Shuffle in songs
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

Spotify keeps logging me out and deleting all my downloaded songs when my iPhone dies

ever since I downloaded the new version of Spotify (5.5.0) off the App Store, every time my phone dies all my songs get deleted and I get logged out. Help

• Casual Listener
  • ever since I downloaded the new version of Spotify (5.5.0) off the App Store, every time my phone dies all my songs get deleted and I get logged out. Help
  • ebourlon
  • Casual Listener
  • 3 replies
  • 4 likes
  • 3 replies
  • 4 likes

Spotify "connecting..." On iPhone

I keep trying to listen to music online on my iPhone in the app, and the "connecting..." Bar at the bottom of the screen keeps coming up as if there's no connection, connecting, and then cycling back again. I have full internet and I even tried using...

• I keep trying to listen to music online on my iPhone in the app, and the "connecting..." Bar at the bottom of the screen keeps coming up as if there's no connection, connecting, and then cycling back...
  • Spaceboy88
  • Roadie
  • 2 replies
  • 1 likes
  • 2 replies
  • 1 likes

Spotify has a mind of its own!

My songs will randmonly change mid way through play. These songs it switches to are not on my playlists radio stations etc. I suspect its a connect device. I noticed this device on my list but cannot remove it. I do not know who it is. I tried to uin...

• Casual Listener
  • My songs will randmonly change mid way through play. These songs it switches to are not on my playlists radio stations etc. I suspect its a connect device. I noticed this device on my list but cannot...
  • MattSuda
  • Spotify Star
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

Repeat TRACK Mode has gone??

I've downloaded latest Spitify App update on iPad and note that the facility to see the song title, time, repeat mode and continuous repeat mode, which you accessed by tapping the up arrow icon, is gone. All the arrow gives you now is the album artwo...

• I've downloaded latest Spitify App update on iPad and note that the facility to see the song title, time, repeat mode and continuous repeat mode, which you accessed by tapping the up arrow icon, is g...
  • MattSuda
  • Spotify Star
  • 3 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 3 replies
  • 0 likes

Update 5.5.0 Can't connect

Just updated to the version 5.5.0 that came out today (April 27, 2016) and now I can't connect (Error:102). Tried logging in and out and restarting my iPhone 6 (9.3.1). Worked fine 15 minutes ago before updating and works on my desktop app. UPDATE: H...

• Just updated to the version 5.5.0 that came out today (April 27, 2016) and now I can't connect (Error:102). Tried logging in and out and restarting my iPhone 6 (9.3.1). Worked fine 15 minutes ago bef...
  • MattSuda
  • Spotify Star
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

New updates turns on cell data

I have cellular data off for Spotify since I download most stuff for offline use. However everytime I download a new update, when I open Spotify it's using cell data. I have to go into settings and turn it on then off again for it too stop. It's happ...

• Not applicable
  • I have cellular data off for Spotify since I download most stuff for offline use. However everytime I download a new update, when I open Spotify it's using cell data. I have to go into settings and t...
  • StegmeM
  • Regular
  • 3 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 3 replies
  • 0 likes

iPhone Six skips over songs with steering wheel controls

iPhone SixConnected via USB2015 Subaru Forester While toggling to the next song via steering wheel controls, Spotify jumps over the next song and plays the third in the que. I've tried this while playing iTunes and it's not an issue. Anyone else havi...

• iPhone Six Connected via USB 2015 Subaru Forester   While toggling to the next song via steering wheel controls, Spotify jumps over the next song and plays the third in the que. I've tried t...
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes

Music not syncing between desktop and iPhone

I've synced music before and have used Spotify for many years. It has never been any problems. But now I'm trying to sync files from my Mac desktop client (1.0.28.87) to my iPhone client (5.5.0). I add the local files by choosing source for the files...

• Casual Listener
  • I've synced music before and have used Spotify for many years. It has never been any problems. But now I'm trying to sync files from my Mac desktop client (1.0.28.87) to my iPhone client (5.5.0). I a...
  • 2 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 2 replies
  • 0 likes

iPad is unavailable for listening on remotely after pausing from Mac when iPad is in locked screen

Hi, I have a problem: - I setup remote connection so I can control playback remotely from my Mac and use iPad as receiver.- everything is fully operational unless I pause playback remotely from Mac after iPad gets to lock screen- iPad goes into statu...

• Casual Listener
  • Hi,   I have a problem:   - I setup remote connection so I can control playback remotely from my Mac and use iPad as receiver. - everything is fully operational unless I pause playback...
  • dododod
  • Casual Listener
  • 11 replies
  • 7 likes
  • 11 replies
  • 7 likes

Alphabetical scrolling bar missing on right in playlist view?

My app is obviously updated to the latest and I still do not have aplhabetical scrolling on iPhone 6 plus

• Casual Listener
  • My app is obviously updated to the latest and I still do not have aplhabetical scrolling on iPhone 6 plus
  • MattSuda
  • Spotify Star
  • 3 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 3 replies
  • 0 likes

Solved!! Spotify can't open this type of link on this device.

Hey all... Using spotify on iPhone 6. Never experienced the issue before today. Just recently updated spotify. When I go under the music tab, and then try and select a genre (any genre) by the picture/icon for it spotify gives me and error saying:Cou...

• Casual Listener
  • Hey all... Using spotify on iPhone 6. Never experienced the issue before today. Just recently updated spotify. When I go under the music tab, and then try and select a genre (any genre) by the pictur...
  • EvelynSabety
  • 5 replies
  • 6 likes
  • 5 replies
  • 6 likes

IOS 9.3.1 on iPhone, can't run spotify to work with BMW iDrive on 2014 F34.

Hi, I recentley updated to the latest iOs version with all my apps up to date. Spotify however doensnt connect to my car true the usb cabel or true the snapin adaptor. My friend, also on iOS 9.3.1 with a different BMW (M5 GC) has nog issues with spot...

• Hi,   I recentley updated to the latest iOs version with all my apps up to date. Spotify however doensnt connect to my car true the usb cabel or true the snapin adaptor. My friend, also on iOS...
  • aurel74
  • Casual Listener
  • 4 replies
  • 2 likes
  • 4 replies
  • 2 likes

Only want Offline on 1/2 Mobile Devices

I have a premium acct and run the app on 2 mobile devices. I only want offline playlists on one device. How do I do this? Thx! Everytime I run Spotify with Wi-Fi on the mobile device I don't want offline playlists - songs start downloading. How can I...

• I have a premium acct and run the app on 2 mobile devices. I only want offline playlists on one device. How do I do this? Thx!   Everytime I run Spotify with Wi-Fi on the mobile device I don...
  • osornios
  • Spotify Star
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes