Announcements

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Can't add albums to My Music.

Can't add albums to My Music.

Help. When I try to add albums to My Music they disappear after a few minutes. For example... I was viewing an album on my iPhone and hit the Save button. The button changed to Saved and I could go to My Albums and sort by recently added and there it was. When I restart my app the album is gone. I also switched over to the web player and tried to Save the same album, but it just toggles to the Saved state and back without any real change.

6 Replies

As a note: I'm using an iPhone 5c. With the latest iOS 8.3 and the latest version of the spotify app 3.3.0

Still can't get this to work. All albums I save are removed when I close the app. Is there an upper limit to the number of albums you can save?

Nope, that doesn't seem to be it. I successfully removed two albums from my saved albums and then tried to add another. I closed and reopened the app, the removed albums were gone, but the new saved album was no longer there. 

I seem to have the same problem. I've tried everything but haven't succeeded to fix the problem so far. If it is because of the 10.000 song limit than I am affraid I'll have to look for an alternative for Spotify which is a shame. I'll have to start all over again building my music library.

I have an Android phone though and a Windows laptop.

Hey!

Is this only happening on one device?

If you're trying to save albums to Your Music, and they keep disappearing, there's a couple of things to check:

1. Have you got around 10,000 tracks saved? This is the limit at the moment, but we're looking into ways to expand it in the future. In the meantime, add any tracks/albums you want to keep to playlists.
  2. Are you definitely logging in with the correct username/password combination?

If albums still aren't saving, try restarting your device. If you can, remove the battery for 30 seconds while doing this.

If this doesn't help, follow these steps to reinstall the app.

Suggested posts