Announcements

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Can't add local files to playlists on iPhone

Solved!

Can't add local files to playlists on iPhone

whenever I'm on my iPhone and I try to add a local file to a playlist I get a message saying "Could not load tracks: These tracks are currently unavailable. Please try again later." The weird thing is that I have no trouble playing the songs, when they are already in a playlist. Anyone have any ideas what the problem might be.
30 Replies

Mate, it's still not fixed.

I use a few different Spotify generated playlists to discover new music, all of which I've made available offline - so the tracks are locally available on my phone.

When I find a track I like, I add it to another "new discoveries" playlist to listen to again later. While I'm listening in OFFLINE mode and try to add a track from one playlist to another, the "Could Not Load Tracks - These tracks are currently unavailable. Please try again later." notification is displayed. The playlist I'm trying to add the new tracks to is also available offline. This has been frustrating me for months, ever since I swithced to iOS - it was never an issue on the Android platform. Note; it's obviously not a problem while in online mode, but this issue regularly affects me while I'm on the move and unable to connect to wifi or mobile data. 

I'm using V3.9.0 updated on 14 September 2015. 

@Mike0112

The bug mentioned in this thread is for local MP3 files that were synced over to the app from the desktop app. Not Spotify songs that are downloaded and available offline locally in the app.

I just tried what you mentioned in offline mode and I am not able to run into this problem. Can you post steps to reproduce this bug? And are these playlists you have made that are on your account? Note that you cannot add songs to playlists owned by other people (they will appear greyed out in the "add to" list) You mention "Spotify generated playlists" can you please expand on what those playlists are. Sorry, but this will help me see if I can reproduce the bug so I can pass it on to the developers.

For example:

1: Enable offline mode

2: Go to a playlist

3:

4:

5:

MattSudaSpotify Star
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Like.
Note: I'm not a Spotify employee.

This is bullcrap man, still not fixed

Hi MattSuda

Thanks for following up. It's an extremely frustrating bug - the best feature of Spotify is it's ability to expose and introduce new music. That's not much use if you then can't find those tracks again. 

However, I have good news - I reported the bug as it appeared in V3, yesterday my phone auto-updated to V4.0.0.919, I was experiencing the bug as per usually until I force-closed the app and restarted (double clicked the home button, swiped spotify upwards). Tried reproducing the bug after starting the app again and couldn't - looks like it's fixed! Hopefully it doesn't show up again. 

For anyone else experiencing the same issue, it looks like closing the app and restarting might fix the issue after updating to the latest version. 

A couple more details about the bug; using an iPhone 5s; it appeared while the app was running in Offline mode. Attempting to add tracks from any playlist that was avaiable offline (tracks previously downloaded and stored locally inside the app, from either user generated playlists or otherwise) to any user generated playlist would result in the push notification; "Tracks Unavailable....". Returning to Online mode would fix the problem, but the issue was always the desire to add tracks to playlists whilst in Offline mode. 

@Mike0112

Glad to hear it's fixed! Let me know if you run into any other bugs. 

MattSudaSpotify Star
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Like.
Note: I'm not a Spotify employee.

This is happening to me. I can't add tracks to playlists when I'm offline, even if I've already enabled offline mode/downloaded both the tracks and the playlist I'm trying to add to. Please help. The whole reason I signed up for premium was offline playback. There's no reason for me to continue paying for it if my use of it is limited.

I'm having the same issue I'm afraid.

Using an ipod touch 6. Spotify version 5.1.0.1019.

I download files to the ipod when I'm on wifi, listen to them in my car on the way to work, try to add the song I'm playing to a playlist (the playlist shows with a green arrow, i.e. downloaded), and I get the message "Could Not Load Tracks. These tracks are currently unavailable. Please try again later."

As soon as I go back onto wifi I can add it to the playlist.

Help, it's very frustrating.

Yup the same here. iPhone 6S and it won't let me add to my playlists with songs that I've downloaded from Spotify. Currently on the three month £0.99 offer, won't be paying full membership if this isn't fixed.

Version 5.7.0.1055

Nope.
Follow me
image.png

This is not fixed, still happening frequently on iPhone 6s with iOS 10.
Very annoying.

Suggested posts